Adventurer Brass Swivel Reading Lights Above Couch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnRVAndADog

I "broke" one of these. I have a longer write-up here: http://anrvandadog.com/OurUpgrades.html (bottom of the page). I've already spent hours looking for replacements. All I find is 3" (or smaller) reading lights, and most of them aren't brass. (The Winnebago replacement is long gone...) Any ideas?

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

Look into the marine store outlets like West Marine. Most boating stuff would be brass.

Alfa38User said:
Look into the marine store outlets like West Marine. Most boating stuff would be brass.
John Canfield said:
That's my recommendation as well.

Yep, that's what I've been doing... I keep finding 3" diameter lights and the RV needs 4" diameter. I have found a couple of smallish blocks of 12v USB ports, both wrong size but I might have to work with those... Thanks.

I may have what you're looking for. We renovated our 2003 Adventurer before we sold it, and I sill have all of the old light fixtures. I'll check tomorrow and let you know what I have

go to amazon and type in

RV brass swivel reading lights

Several come up that are nicer with better swivel capabilities than what you have now.

I have all of the old light fixtures from my previous coach (2003 Adventurer), with the exception of the wall sconce between the dinette and sofa. PM, call, or text me with what you may want. I looked at them today, and they match yours. I also have the dinette booth seat and the powered sofa too. All are in new condition, and from the picture on your blog, they match your coach. 334-399-7653

DearMissMermaid said:
go to amazon and type in

Several come up that are nicer with better swivel capabilities than what you have now.

"11 results for "RV brass swivel reading lights"" Those are different swivel reading lights.

On some other Amazon search I found this (pic attached) and this will serve nicely as a 'Plan B' in case I can't get this figured out otherwise.

Attachments

• IMG_0609a.jpg
    IMG_0609a.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 13
mnppartain said:
I have all of the old light fixtures from my previous coach (2003 Adventurer), with the exception of the wall sconce between the dinette and sofa. PM, call, or text me with what you may want. I looked at them today, and they match yours. I also have the dinette booth seat and the powered sofa too. All are in new condition, and from the picture on your blog, they match your coach. 334-399-7653

I already want some of the brass swivel reading lights...

I already want both of the bedroom wall sconces (picture attached)...

I messaged you...

Attachments

• bedroom_wall_sconce.jpg
    bedroom_wall_sconce.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 23
DearMissMermaid said:
go to amazon and type in

You must be a Parrothead!  Fins Up!

And thanks...

What is the width of the powered sofa?  We are looking to replace our sofa, 78" wide.  Reupholster or somehow fit in a pair of recliners. 

Where are you, or better yet, where is the sofa?

AnRVAndADog said:
I "broke" one of these. I have a longer write-up here: http://anrvandadog.com/OurUpgrades.html (bottom of the page). I've already spent hours looking for replacements. All I find is 3" (or smaller) reading lights, and most of them aren't brass. (The Winnebago replacement is long gone...) Any ideas?
Try RV salvage yards.  Look up on internet.  There is one east of Joplin, Missouri that is huge and close enough for me to get to easy.  Truly they have one or more of everything or they will get it out of the hundred of wrecks they have.

Bill

Bill N said:
Try RV salvage yards.  Look up on internet.  There is one east of Joplin, Missouri that is huge and close enough for me to get to easy.  Truly they have one or more of everything or they will get it out of the hundred of wrecks they have.

Great idea! I tried that once but had a difficult time of it. I don't remember which one it was or where it was. I was looking for sink covers. The yard had a 2004 Adventurer. He insisted on measurements. I was like, "Dude, just drag your butt out to that RV and see if you have the sink covers? Simple!" He insisted on measurements.... I had to move on...

PancakeBill said:
What is the width of the powered sofa?  We are looking to replace our sofa, 78" wide.  Reupholster or somehow fit in a pair of recliners. 

Where are you, or better yet, where is the sofa?

The floorplan schematic shows 75" on the sofa. I will measure it to be sure. I am located about 20 miles from Montgomery, AL, but my brother comes from Jacksonville, FL every other week. If you are anywhere in between, we can get it a lot closer.

It is probably close enough width wise, but we are in the Southwest, so distance wise, not so good.  My daughter lives in St Augustine, but we aren't planning a trip in that direction.  Oh well. 

Curiosity, what fabric/color?

AnRVAndADog said:
Thanks to "mnppartain" for the excellent parts drop!

I finished the original project. Convert one brass swivel reading light to a USB socket. When we travel this is where Sweetie sits. And now she can consume unlimited bandwidth without having to charge her iPhone or run a cable halfway 'round the RV...

Attachments

• USB_new_both.jpg
    USB_new_both.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom