Arizona Taxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudshark

Hi All
Just wondering. Does anyone know a "ballpark" figure for property taxes for an RV lot in Arizona?
A Google search gave us no answers.
Thanks!
Jim

Depends on the lot, doesn't it?  Property taxes are value-based, so location, size, primitive vs developed, etc can make a big difference.    A lot in a fully developed RV community is a much more valuable than an 1/8 acre piece of empty desert in West Boondock.  I know we have members who own lots in nice RV communities in AZ, and hopefully some who have rural sites as well. The range of answers should be interesting!

Tax is based on lot assessed value times the rate.  No way to ballpark it.  The rate depends on what taxing authority is involved.  We have looked at lots in one area where tax was about $50 a year and some that would be many times more. 

so ballpark could be from $12 to $2000.  (or more or less)

mudshark said:
Hi All
Just wondering. Does anyone know a "ballpark" figure for property taxes for an RV lot in Arizona?
A Google search gave us no answers.
Thanks!
Jim
Where are you looking for lots?  The taxes would depend on which taxing authority the lot is located in.

Did a bit more digging into this. Whether one buys a lot in a park or a park model, the costs don't make sense. One would be better off buying a house on property. Oh, looking in the southern Arizona area. I have had my fill of snow!

Most of the places rent the lot, which of course includes various community amenities, so the price seems steep ($5k+ per year rental) plus you supply the RV or buy a park model for it.  Buying a house has better long term financials but costs more up front and you have to deal with the maintenance and taxes. "Makes sense" depends on what your priorities are.

Have you looked in the Sierra Vista area? Not as hot as Phoenix or Tucson, and cheaper. Seems to be plenty of water, although wells are expensive as you have to go deep.

Check Zillow for vacant land.  They might include a history of Real Estate Taxes.  Do it by location and you'll have a pretty good idea of what to expect. 

Back2PA said:
Have you looked in the Sierra Vista area? Not as hot as Phoenix or Tucson, and cheaper. Seems to be plenty of water, although wells are expensive as you have to go deep.

I lived in Sierra Vista for almost a year while I attending Army AIT school..  it's a very nice part of the country.

I did some field training there back in December 1972... it gets cold there too !  even a little snow.  :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom