Class A Diesel that can sleep 5 adults

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtwoods4

Hello everyone,

I know this is a lot to ask and a hard to find model but I need a Class A diesel that can comfortably sleep 5 people with a max budget of $35,000

Please send me recommended models.

-John

with your budget you might find a well used band tour bus. if you get lucky you might find a bunk house model.take your time and look,look,look some thing will turn up. if you can open your budget a little your odds will increase greatly. good luck

Double it.
Look at RVT.com and RVTrader.com.
Between these 2 sites you can get a good idea of pricing and available models.

You can find plenty that sleep 5 adults for that budget.

It's a buyers market under $35,000 and tons of rigs out there.

Oddly, the larger Class C's might suit you better.

I had one that had a double in back, a double over the cab and a booth that converted to a jumbo single.

You are SMART to pay cash and forget the financing.

That word comfortably is what makes this a tall order, sleeping 5 is not all that hard, a queen bed in the bedroom, a dinette that converts to a double bed, and a sleeper sofa (preferably one with an queen pop out air mattress).  and you get room for 5 to sleep, just no place to eat breakfast until whoever is in that sleeping position gets up, plus the work of converting the dinette back and forth.  Then you have 5 people sharing one small bathroom, ....

The other issue with room for sleeping 5 adults, is where will the ride when the coach is in motion, few coaches have 5 seating positions with seatbelts.

If I were looking for something that could comfortably handle 5 adults, it would be a bath and half model, preferably with a continuous hot water system like an Aqua-Hot, which even on a 15-20 year old coach will be putting you in the $55,000+ range.

DearMissMermaid said:
You can find plenty that sleep 5 adults for that budget.

It's a buyers market under $35,000 and tons of rigs out there.

Oddly, the larger Class C's might suit you better.

I had one that had a double in back, a double over the cab and a booth that converted to a jumbo single.

You are SMART to pay cash and forget the financing.

OP stated "Class A diesel"
Doubtful you'll find plenty of these for under $35K.
Perhaps you can share this buyers market with us. I'd love to find one under $35K. I've been looking for quite some time now.

Isaac-1 said:
That word comfortably is what makes this a tall order, sleeping 5 is not all that hard, a queen bed in the bedroom, a dinette that converts to a double bed, and a sleeper sofa (preferably one with an queen pop out air mattress).  and you get room for 5 to sleep, just no place to eat breakfast until whoever is in that sleeping position gets up, plus the work of converting the dinette back and forth.  Then you have 5 people sharing one small bathroom, ....

The other issue with room for sleeping 5 adults, is where will the ride when the coach is in motion, few coaches have 5 seating positions with seatbelts.

If I were looking for something that could comfortably handle 5 adults, it would be a bath and half model, preferably with a continuous hot water system like an Aqua-Hot, which even on a 15-20 year old coach will be putting you in the $55,000+ range.
Another potential problem is weight carrying capacity. Five people plus whatever things they need to have with them can add up to a lot of weight.  Even some diesels are seriously weight limited.

The hydronic heating (Aqua Hot, Oasis, etc.) is great, too, since five people need more hot water and these give continuous hot water when hooked to shore water. These systems are, to the best of my knowledge, only in diesel rigs, which the OP is looking for.

Another note: Diesels are more expensive to maintain than most gassers, so you'll need to be careful with that budget to leave room for that. I'm not just talking oil/filter, etc., but when something breaks (engine, transmission, hydraulics) it's generally higher priced for diesel than for gas.

Best of luck.

I appreciate all the comments from everyone. Is there a particular make and model that would comfortably sleep 5 people easier than other makes and models? if I can just find the right make model and year that I can just search for that till I find it.

There really is not a simple answer shopping for RV's particularly a diesel pusher is not like shopping for a car.  For one thing there are a lot of optional items on floor plans, and you will likely be looking for one where someone opted for more sleeping spaces as replacement RV furniture is likely going to be limited due to your budget range.  To give you some idea of what is out there, you might want to look at the used units listed at PPL in Texas as they show floor plans for the units they have for sale.  This is just a starting point, not a finish line for your requirements, as mentioned above you will also want to consider cargo carrying capacity, fresh / gray / black tank size, etc.  supporting 5 people in a coach is a lot different than supporting 2.

There is usually going to be a lot of give and take.

Asking for a unit that can sleep 5 is one thing - but do you also want a table for 5 to sit around and eat?
How about when watching TV - will you need an area big enough for all 5? 
If some of the beds are in the living area - will that require them to be put away everyday during the daytime?
Feeding 5 will require a larger surface area and maybe more fridge space too, but 5 beds has to take up some
room which will not leave as much in another area.
I doubt you will find too many (if any) units big enough for 5 with a washer/dryer combo.

Another thing to look for is - are there 5 seat belts for when you travel down the road?

Will you also be wanting to tow a car big enough for 5 people to ride in? 

What kind of trips are you planning for?  Weekend, weeks, or months at a time?

IMO you might want to raise your budget to $50K as you normally get what you pay for and getting a 30 year old unit (or older)
might very well end up costing you a lot in repairs and/or upgrades to be enjoyable for your purposes.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

We need to make this a little more simple. I just need to sleep 5 people comfortably. We don't care about seat belts, even if we had them no one would be sitting in a seat buckled in with a seatbelt while on the road. We don't care about a table that 5 people can sit around. we're not interested in towing a vehicle or not interested in the trailer we're not interested in all the other stuff that has been mentioned other than the ability to comfortably sleep 5 people. We need to eat shower and sleep.  We don't care about what type of TV it has we don't care about what color are the upholstery is we need to keep this simple and basic.

This is not for a family. This is for a touring rock band and everyone needs to go to sleep after the show. We can rotate days and times that we take showers.

Let me see if I can rephrase the question.

Does anyone know what year make and model Class A RVs can sleep 5 adults comfortably? Budget is 35k

Jtwoods4 said:
Let me see if I can rephrase the question.

Does anyone know what year make and model Class A RVs can sleep 5 adults comfortably? Budget is 35k
If anyone that has followed this post had an answer for you they would have offered it.
A DP that sleeps five "comfortably".....under $35k.....you need to do some serious shopping bro.
My DP that costs quite a bit more than that sleeps 2 comfortably.
Have you checked the web sites that others have offered? That is where you need to start. My opinion.
Good luck in your search.

Given what you want to do, it may not exist, at least not unless you luck on the deal of the decade.  The first requirement for what you are desiring is reliability, you need to know that there is a good chance you will make it to your show dates and not get stuck on the side of the road waiting for weeks for engine repairs, etc.  Anything you find in your $35,000 price range is going to be older, probably over 15 years old, and if maintenance has not been kept up will nickel and dime you to death, often being stuck in the shop somewhere.      Getting a motorhome repaired is not like taking your car into the shop for the day, even small jobs often take a couple of weeks to be scheduled in, so if you are not a DIY'er a 15-20 year old motorhome on limited funds is probably a bad idea.

Now if you just want someone to point and say buy this one, you are not likely to get that without providing a lot more information, like how many people to the bed, anything you find even close to this budget will likely have a queen or king size bed in the bedroom, plus a 2 or 3 other sleeping spaces for 1-2 people each.    If you are looking for separate beds for 5 people in a class A diesel pusher, you are getting into needle in a haystack territory.

Now given your budget I would probably be looking for something like this 2007 Safari SImba toy hauler which sold last year at PPL for $38,700 https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/diesel-motorhomes/2007-safari-simba_rv-30874  you can see PPL's sold coaches for the past 2 years and price they sold at here https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/diesel-motorhomes-sold?pageSize=300

The Simb FD is a front engine diesel, this one is a toy hauler model with a bedroom / garage in the back, it has 2 ceiling drop down beds one in the front one in the garage.    I think it had an option for a  double drop down bed in the garage, that would be giant bunk bed style.    Either way you could add a sofa bed or similar below the garage drop down bed, and sleep in the drop down bed with it half way lowered.    This combined with the dinette bed upfront plus the 4 captains chairs probably gives you better sleeping and travel space than most other options in this price range. 

Great thank you very much everyone. Sounds like what I'm looking for doesn't exist. Yes I've searched all the sites but I guess that's why I can't find it because it doesn't exist.

Isaac-1 said:
Given what you want to do, it may not exist, at least not unless you luck on the deal of the decade.  The first requirement for what you are desiring is reliability, you need to know that there is a good chance you will make it to your show dates and not get stuck on the side of the road waiting for weeks for engine repairs, etc.  Anything you find in your $35,000 price range is going to be older, probably over 15 years old, and if maintenance has not been kept up will nickel and dime you to death, often being stuck in the shop somewhere.      Getting a motorhome repaired is not like taking your car into the shop for the day, even small jobs often take a couple of weeks to be scheduled in, so if you are not a DIY'er a 15-20 year old motorhome on limited funds is probably a bad idea.

Now if you just want someone to point and say buy this one, you are not likely to get that without providing a lot more information, like how many people to the bed, anything you find even close to this budget will likely have a queen or king size bed in the bedroom, plus a 2 or 3 other sleeping spaces for 1-2 people each.    If you are looking for separate beds for 5 people in a class A diesel pusher, you are getting into needle in a haystack territory.

Now given your budget I would probably be looking for something like this 2007 Safari SImba toy hauler which sold last year at PPL for $38,700 https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/diesel-motorhomes/2007-safari-simba_rv-30874  you can see PPL's sold coaches for the past 2 years and price they sold at here https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/diesel-motorhomes-sold?pageSize=300

The Simb FD is a front engine diesel, this one is a toy hauler model with a bedroom / garage in the back, it has 2 ceiling drop down beds one in the front one in the garage.    I think it had an option for a  double drop down bed in the garage, that would be giant bunk bed style.    Either way you could add a sofa bed or similar below the garage drop down bed, and sleep in the drop down bed with it half way lowered.    This combined with the dinette bed upfront plus the 4 captains chairs probably gives you better sleeping and travel space than most other options in this price range.

Boom! Exactly what I am looking for. I knew someone had the answer thank you so much!

What you want does exist, with a little ingenuity. We had a 2000 Winnebago Chieftain with a queen bed aft for two ( my wife and I, a jack knife sofa for two (my daughter and her husband) and a dinning are we modified for my second adult daughter. The modification dinning table was simple, hinged it to wall, made support leg detachable and a hook on cabinet above table to hold it up out of way. So at night we would stow folding dinning chairs, hang table from cabinets, remove table leg, throw down an air mattress and sleeping bag - voila!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom