Replacing flooring in Class A Motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cateb321

Hi,  newbie hear with a few questions about upgrades we want to make to our new (to us) 2005 Georgie Boy Pursuit motorhome. We want to replace the current flooring which is carpet and vinyl tile. We were looking at vinyl planks but unsure if that is the best choice. I am looking for experienced rvers. We will be living full time in our rv with two big dogs. Bucket List tour begins soon. Thanks, Cate

I installed vinyl planks, it worked well.    It?s waterproof, durable and looks good.  My planks interlocked and I have had no problems with it separating.    I did use a type that was thicker and had a backing on it.

Here is a thread on replacing the flooring.

The pictures that are linked to photobucket in the post are duplicated later as reduced pictures linked directly.  Hope this answers some questions about a project like this.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,69841.msg636238.html#msg636238

We just replaced the carpet and sheet vinyl flooring in our 36ft gas Class A motor home.  We used Allure Vinyl Plank flooring from Home Depot. It?s only about an 1/8 thick and doesn?t interfere with the slides. Hardest part was pulling all the staples in the sub floor the manufacturer used to hold down the carpeting.  The flooring cuts easily just score with a knife and snap it like drywall.  We did this in our last motor home and it held up well, we love it,looks great and best of all it?s easy to keep clean.

Hope this helps

Bill

Hi Bill,, see you at "Q".. Just replaced the wood/vinyl planks in the bathroom for the second time.. Toilet water valve leaked under the valve cover (couldn't be seen) so had to overhaul the toilet and replace the flooring,,isn't RVing grand?>>>Dan

some folks think that vinyl planks are waterproof. BUT- when the water seeps in between the cracks and under the walls- nothing is waterproof

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom