I met someone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SeilerBird said:
That won't work. All the messages quoted were part of the same message.

Oh well in that case just copy the open bbcode and the close bbcode from the first message like so..

The open bbcode starts with bracket    then the close bbcode is all the same  bracket /quote bracket  you can put anything you want in between.

like so  if i put
bracket quote  bracket

then hello

bracket /quote bracket

it will look like this

if i want to include someones name i just include that attribute in the open quote like so

bracket quote author=durangod bracket

hello

bracket /quote bracket

like so

[quote author=durangod]  hello  [/quote]

Now new question

Dear Amanda

A "friend" of mine happens to be a chicken breast man, how can he get help to look chickens in the eyes and not downward when talking to them lol :)

Lost in hill country

Let's get back up on the pavement and keep this kid friendly gentlemen.

Back2PA said:
Let's get back up on the pavement and keep this kid friendly gentlemen.

I fixed mine, sorry about that.. :)      Besides they prob know more than most of us do LMAO - ill keep it on the pavement :)

Maybe once he gets slapped hard enough he'll stop that nonsense. I can assure you though, we do notice that and there's a big difference between a glance and a stare, starers are creepy.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Maybe once he gets slapped hard enough he'll stop that nonsense. I can assure you though, we do notice that and there's a big difference between a glance and a stare, starers are creepy.

LOL and agreed

One more...

Dear Amanda  -  is awkward silence good or bad in a relationship, is it normal for two people to sit in the same room and not talk all the time?

Silent Wonderer

durangod said:
is it normal for two people to sit in the same room and not talk all the time?

My wife and I do this all the time.....Her reading a book on her phone and me playing on my laptop....Sometimes I'll send her a text message to remind her I'm still here ;D

But then maybe we're not Normal......

If my wife gets too engrossed to pay any attention to me I strip naked and stand in front her. Sometimes it takes a few hours but she eventually looks up. Then the terms of endearment begin....idiot, your scaring the dog, the neighbors have been here for thirty minutes, among others.

durangod said:
Dear Amanda  -  is awkward silence good or bad in a relationship, is it normal for two people to sit in the same room and not talk all the time?

Silent Wonderer
If the silence is awkward, it means you're uncomfortable so the real question should be, why can't I relax being in a room with someone unless there is a distraction present?
You could try a few things: 1- blare music so nobody hears the silence. 2- yell "did you hear that?!" as soon as there's a break in conversation. It'll take everybody's mind off of the silence.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Lol and I wasn't even going to tell anyone that was based on what you did that one time.

Hey you promised to never talk about that.... :-[
And I as recall you started it.... :eek:
You also need to remember...They took away our bus service.....But they ran you out of town ;D

RVMommaTo6 said:
If the silence is awkward, it means you're uncomfortable so the real question should be, why can't I relax being in a room with someone unless there is a distraction present?
You could try a few things: 1- blare music so nobody hears the silence. 2- yell "did you hear that?!" as soon as there's a break in conversation. It'll take everybody's mind off of the silence.

The reason i called it awkward is because it never fails, there is always an inquiry as to what i am doing.  Sometimes i like to just sit there and let my mind wonder, i might be looking out the window or looking at the TV but in my mind i am off in some other place.  I used to just sit there sometimes on the sofa looking at the ceiling but then came the questions "what are you doing" and others,  and all that stuff and having to explain killed the mood.  So then i started putting a book in my hand but that didnt work either because then they would say "its been 30 min and no page turn, are you that slow at reading".    It just seems that sitting there and not doing anything but day dreaming really annoys them for some reason and i dont know why, do they have to ALLWAYS be in my head and know what im thinking, i hate that stuff. 

It would be fine if they  just ask one time and i said "just day dreaming" or "nothing" and that was that, but they have to pick at it until i give them some BS excuse as to why im just sitting there not paying attention to anything around me.    Sorry but yes sometimes i like to zone out my partner and just be alone in my head for awhile but i guess they cant take that. 

I think i speak for most guys when i say there are only a few things in our heads to choose from (sex, the yard, outer space, mechanical related, work,  or just nothing at all).  I think that is one of by biggest anxieties about relationships is that i feel i always have to be entertaining, sit properly, eat properly, dress properly.  Seems im always being rated or reviewed, and i hate that stuff.

Why does silence have to mean anything at all but what it is?

Gizmo100 said:
And don't forget FINE.....And let us not forget the confusing one.....Just do what you want...Your pretty much dead if you do anything..
Yes, that one is very dangerous. Be careful when you hear that word cause it doesn't mean fine at all!

S. Bird - At least you could clean the mold off the RV before Amanda gets there!  Sorry to admit it folks but you have gotten me hooked on this string.  Kudos to putting "under the shade tree" thoughts on the RV Forum, I was wrong.  Still waiting for the Dear Amanda site tho.  ;D

1PlasticMan1 said:
S. Bird - At least you could clean the mold off the RV before Amanda gets there!  Sorry to admit it folks but you have gotten me hooked on this string.  Kudos to putting "under the shade tree" thoughts on the RV Forum, I was wrong.  Still waiting for the Dear Amanda site tho.  ;D
My RV mechanic will be here next week with his pressure washer to clean up the outside of the RV. He will also blow all the acorns off my roof. She promised to be here this morning but she didn't make it. Maybe she is waiting for me to clean the moss off the outside of the RV. :eek:

jackiemac said:
Yes, that one is very dangerous. Be careful when you hear that word cause it doesn't mean fine at all!
I got the "Fine" one day and I stopped...Turned around to look at her.......Then she said it.....Just do What You Want....I refuse to move until she started talking.....Turns out it was a complete misunderstanding.....But Damn I was Scared.

regarding your reply

I dont mind being honest on here at all, i dont want to make this about me as its Amanda's thunder and she deserves every ounce of it.  I dont care about my weight, looks or knowledge.

:)

Back
Top Bottom