I met someone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RVMommaTo6 said:
Lol, my whole life could be a movie! I've been told 100 times over that I should do a reality TV show. I always say, nobody would believe it's reality lol
The kids are going to do a YouTube channel, that'll be the closest we get to a TV show or a movie.
Tom did you see I mentioned you in my blog?
Not yet, must be a new post, I will go check it out. I have always thought my life would be a great book but no one would believe a lot of it.

I went and searched your blog for Tom and only found tomorrow. Where am I?

SeilerBird said:
Not yet, must be a new post, I will go check it out. I have always thought my life would be a great book but no one would believe a lot of it.

I went and searched your blog for Tom and only found tomorrow. Where am I?
The last post, tools for travel planning, third paragraph.

RVMommaTo6 said:
The last post, tools for travel planning, third paragraph.
Ok, I found it. So I am a tool now? 8) I got a laugh out of your once in a lifetime baby moose line. I have seen many. The Tetons has them every year.  I will be able to direct you to the time and place when you get there. And the one non electronic thing that is the most important to me is a small spiral bound note book. I have an absolute rule that if I am going to write something down I write it in my note book. No chance of losing anything important. I also keep receipts and stuff in there.

MOST people never get to see any moose, much less a baby! You are NOT most people lol, you've seen it all. I have friends who have never traveled or have only been to Disney World or one location they frequent. My bff took her kids to DC for a weekend last year, it was their first vacation ever. Her oldest is 18. I know so many people like that, such a foreign concept to me.
I have my notebook separated by nightly stays, daytime activities, and budgets. I also have a travel journal I bought that I'll be recording in.

I don't understand people like that. I want to live my whole life on vacation. Here is one of the baby mooses I have seen.

Attachments

• Moose 6.jpg
    Moose 6.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 41
RVMommaTo6 said:
Great shot! I believe life is meant to be fully lived. So many people just exist. Not my style.
Thank you. One of the nice things about living in National Parks is how many great photo opportunities there are there.

Off topic but I had a very funny experience with a moose calf. Momma walked across the highway, climbed over the guardrail and waited for junior. Her new offspring hit the asphalt and legs went in four different directions. It rolled over, got up and crossed the road, eyed up the guardrail and attempted to jump but fell back landing on it's butt. It then got it's front legs over and fell forward doing a face plant. We were almost in tears laughing.

Moose make for great stories and great photos.  But let me remind those who have not encountered one that they are very aggressive and will run you over without warning. A farmer friend in North Dakota spotted a big bull moose in his sugar beet field and decided to chase him out but there was a pasture next to the field and it has a barb wire fence.  The farmer approached from the other side of the fence hoping to start the moose running out of the field the other way.  Instead the moose took umbrage to the farmer shouting at him and charged. Thankfully there was a bit of distance between them and the farmer made it to his pickup only to look back and see that moose still coming and dragging fence with him. When he finally stopped and turned away he had taken down over  1/2 mile of fence.

One morning we woke up at our rural North Dakota home and looked out the window at a beautiful day. Lo and behold there not 20 feet from the house were two female moose grazing on our needing-to-be-mowed back yard.
We just watched them until they wandered off but a great memory.  But their mowing job was kind of spotty and they left some round calling cards.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Great shot!...
I haven't seen a bad shot on here from Tom, ever! Any that he thinks aren't super are culled right away. He's a superb photographer,  ::) even if he now mostly uses a "phone."  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Larry N. said:
I haven't seen a bad shot on here from Tom, ever! Any that he thinks aren't super are culled right away. He's a superb photographer,  ::) even if he now mostly uses a "phone."  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
Yes, his photos are grand Larry. I have to say the ease of the phone is great but mine isnt as good as a camera. Probably user error though.

I am one of those that have never seen a moose in the wild, though I have seen many other animals including  alligators, sharks, including a whale shark (in the water while scuba diving), sea turtles, dolphins, a few whales (though those were not in the water up close), bob cats, deer, bears, even elk, there is even a bald eagle that has been hanging around the family cattle ranch the last couple of years, just no moose at least not close up.

We came upon one in 2 Ovean Lake in the Tetons, picture attached, scary moment paddling round the corner to see him so close. There are lots off them around.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1560118728348.jpg
    FB_IMG_1560118728348.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 31
jackiemac said:
We came upon one in 2 Ovean Lake in the Tetons, picture attached, scary moment paddling round the corner to see him so close. There are lots off them around.
Nothing to be scared of. Male moose are pretty mellow. Only three deaths by moose recorded and one was a cow.

https://www.all-about-moose.com/statistics-per-annum-of-people-killed-by-moose.html

If you really want to increase your odds of seeing a moose this web site sells moose calls. But all they are is a fiberglass megaphone that is powered by your voice. They claim it is easy to imitate a moose. I would have to take Rich Little with me since I am not a good mimic.

I have never seen a moose in the wild.  But I did have a moose-meat steak. It was delicious. It was provided by my sister-in-law's brother.

Back
Top Bottom