I met someone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RVMommaTo6 said:
Dear Writer, folding is over rated. Try hanging things instead.

Dear Amanda,

My little motorhome only has a single, small clothes closet.  So when I'm travelling, I keep my wardrobe in two clothes hampers which frees up the little closet for other stuff.

While I'm driving the two hampers ride on the bed (I don't use the bed while I'm driving).  When I set up camp the hamper containing the clean clothes is placed on the drivers seat.  The second hamper is for dirty clothes and is put on the passenger seat. (I don't use these seats while I'm camped).

I choose my daily clothes out of the clean clothes hamper, after I wear them I put them in the dirty clothes hamper.

Eventually the clean clothes hamper empties out and the dirty clothes hamper fills up. This usually takes about two weeks and means it's time to do laundry, so I take the dirty clothes hamper to the laundromat and return with it full of clean, folded clothes.  If the motorhome is outside the laundromat (which is usually the case) I put the hampers on the bed until I get to that night's campsite, then I move them to the front seats when I set up camp.

Moving the hampers back and forth between the bed and the front seats takes only a few seconds and avoids having to hang up the clothes, which would take considerably longer even if I had the closet space.

My question is, where can I put two more hampers if I should happen to find a travelling partner?    ;)

Lou Schneider said:
Dear Amanda
While I'm driving the two hampers ride on the bed (I don't use the bed while I'm driving)
My question is, where can I put two more hampers if I should happen to find a travelling partner?    ;)
Dear Writer,
First, I need to thank you not using the bed while you drive. You sound very safe and we all appreciate that.
Second, I think I might steal you system!
Now to get to your question, my advice is the obvious answer, chose an attractive enough partner, explain the lack of space, and require said companion to wear little to no clothing. Killing two birds with one stone on this one!

Lou Schneider said:
Dear Amanda,

My little motorhome only has a single, small clothes closet.  So when I'm traveling, I keep my wardrobe in two clothes hampers which frees up the little closet for other stuff.

While I'm driving the two hampers ride on the bed (I don't use the bed while I'm driving).  When I set up camp the hamper containing the clean clothes is placed on the drivers seat.  The second hamper is for dirty clothes and is put on the passenger seat. (I don't use these seats while I'm camped).

I choose my daily clothes out of the clean clothes hamper, after I wear them I put them in the dirty clothes hamper.

Eventually the clean clothes hamper empties out and the dirty clothes hamper fills up. This usually takes about two weeks and means it's time to do laundry, so I take the dirty clothes hamper to the laundromat and return with it full of clean, folded clothes.  If the motorhome is outside the laundromat (which is usually the case) I put the hampers on the bed until I get to that night's campsite, then I move them to the front seats when I set up camp.

Moving the hampers back and forth between the bed and the front seats takes only a few seconds and avoids having to hang up the clothes, which would take considerably longer even if I had the closet space.

My question is, where can I put two more hampers if I should happen to find a traveling partner?    ;)
Lou, be careful that after one week, if you change camping spots, that the hampers don't get switched.  ;D ;D

Alaskansnowbirds said:
Lou, be careful that after one week, if you change camping spots, that the hampers don't get switched.  ;D ;D

It's easy to tell them apart.  The clean hamper has paired socks.  They're single in the dirty hamper.

RVMommaTo6 said:
I promise they're well behaved.

I have no doubt they are well behaved as you have shown great character on the forum and although online is not always a full repesentation, you have been around long enough for your true character to show, so assuming they follow your lead.  Its great they are old enough to be able to help out.

Maybe we can do Dear Amanda T-Shirts lol

RVMommaTo6 said:
Dear Confused,
Florida is too hot and too much direct sun. You should consider a more reasonable state.
Dear Amanda,
Florida has wonderful weather and there is a lot of advantages to the hot weather and direct sun. First all you need is a pair of shorts, a t shirt and some sandals. Think of all the money you could save on clothes for your herd. No winter coats, no galoshes, no need for expensive hot chocolate to warm up with. With all that direct sun there is no need for using a dryer. Just put the clothes on and go run around outside. And besides that I live only 20 miles from Disney World. ;D
The big advantage for you to be living in Florida is that you don't have all six kids trapped inside all day long in the winter.  8)

SeilerBird said:
Dear Amanda,
Florida has wonderful weather and there is a lot of advantages to the hot weather and direct sun. First all you need is a pair of shorts, a t shirt and some sandals. Think of all the money you could save on clothes for your herd. No winter coats, no galoshes, no need for expensive hot chocolate to warm up with. With all that direct sun there is no need for using a dryer. Just put the clothes on and go run around outside. And besides that I live only 20 miles from Disney World. ;D
The big advantage for you to be living in Florida is that you don't have all six kids trapped inside all day long in the winter.  8)
ABC Tom.
Anybody or everybody know what this means? (It's a sales guy thing)

Well reading this thread was not only entertaining but I am amazed at Amanda's wit and YES she should have her own Dear Abby forum on this site. This thread was so much better than my Facebook feed this morning.

I think the key is to marry an Amanda! I was fortunate enough to marry Amanda and she is amazing!
My wife (Amanda) came into my life 4 years after a similar experience to you RVMommato6.
We met and I had a girlfriend. We went on a date it was clear she was a woman of honesty and integrity. I confessed I had a girlfriend and that is was not right to date her. She respected my honesty and we put it on hold.
Fast forward 1 year later I bump into her at the lake......I was single again and we started dating. 16 years later our kids are raised and out of the house. We are getting ready to hit the road, and continue to love each other (without kids, how is this gonna work).
I wonder what would have happened if we didn't get that year breather? What would have been if I choose to date 2 ladies at the same time? I don't think it would have turned out this way. Be patient and follow your gut....you are on the right track. Enjoy the ride, trust the process and keep posting. Its much better than the fake news that is out there.

Dear Amanda:
I have been retired for 18 years now while my DW continues to work, ( she doesn't want to retire).  When we meet new folks and they ask what we do she tells them she is a Lawyer and I reply in am a "KEPT MAN".  She says I am incorrigible.  What does that mean?

Confused in Minnesota.

Gotta have a little fun you know.  I have also been know to introduce her as my "Present Wife".

I know, I have a death wish, but she's still laughing.

Cooperhawk said:
Gotta have a little fun you know.  I have also been know to introduce her as my "Present Wife".

You should be OK unless she starts introducing you as her "Late Husband"

SeilerBird said:
Dear Amanda,
I'll be there in 22 hours, leave the porch light on.

CJAG said:
Well reading this thread was not only entertaining but I am amazed at Amanda's wit and YES she should have her own Dear Abby forum on this site. This thread was so much better than my Facebook feed this morning.

I think the key is to marry an Amanda! I was fortunate enough to marry Amanda and she is amazing!
My wife (Amanda) came into my life 4 years after a similar experience to you RVMommato6.
We met and I had a girlfriend. We went on a date it was clear she was a woman of honesty and integrity. I confessed I had a girlfriend and that is was not right to date her. She respected my honesty and we put it on hold.
Fast forward 1 year later I bump into her at the lake......I was single again and we started dating. 16 years later our kids are raised and out of the house. We are getting ready to hit the road, and continue to love each other (without kids, how is this gonna work).
I wonder what would have happened if we didn't get that year breather? What would have been if I choose to date 2 ladies at the same time? I don't think it would have turned out this way. Be patient and follow your gut....you are on the right track. Enjoy the ride, trust the process and keep posting. Its much better than the fake news that is out there.
Who am I to argue? Lol, she sounds great!

Cooperhawk said:
Dear Amanda:
I have been retired for 18 years now while my DW continues to work, ( she doesn't want to retire).  When we meet new folks and they ask what we do she tells them she is a Lawyer and I reply in am a "KEPT MAN".  She says I am incorrigible.  What does that mean?

Confused in Minnesota.

I know, I have a death wish, but she's still laughing.
Dear Confused,
I'm sure her working is not just to get away, so don't let that creep into your head. It probably has nothing to do with that thing you do. Definitely don't let that weigh on you.
Incorrigible simply means you're good at taking care of things at home while she picks up over time and applies for a second job. It's a compliment.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Dear Confused,

Incorrigible simply means you're good at taking care of things at home while she picks up over time and applies for a second job. It's a compliment.

Uh, okay. I think (or at least hope) I see what you did here. If he?s that gullible in the south we would say ? Well, bless his heart?.

RVMommaTo6 said:
I'll be there in 22 hours, leave the porch light on.

I dont think they use porch lights there, the glow from the tons of aligators eyes do the job quite well, its like daylight at midnight lol  :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom