My Recent Photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
B

BillMc

Seen some of you floating around 2 forums.

So I'll let you see what I look like, I am listening to the stereo while on the internet, my day to day lazy thing. ;)

Attachments

• William.jpg
    William.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 59
Bill, why not use a downsized version of the photo as your avatar? Click on the Profile button in the toolbar above to add your avatar.

William, I usually use around 100 to 150 pixels for the longest side, that makes quite a nice avatar for forums like this.
I made up a sample to give you  an idea of what it might come out like, this one is 94x100. I did the modifications in XNView - http://www.xnview.org - completely free and does a great job.

Attachments

• William_avatar_94x100.jpg
    William_avatar_94x100.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 22
Ian said:
William, I usually use around 100 to 150 pixels for the longest side....

Avatars here are displayed in a 65 x 65 px box. Anything larger will be resized by the forum software.

Thanks Ian, I do use Paint Shop Pro, will check that site out, need an alternative, and of course free is good.

Used image Ian posted, made no changes to the file.

BillMc said:
Used image Ian posted, made no changes to the file.

Bill, right click/properties on your avatar and you'll see it's been resized to 65 x 65 px.  Ian's file size of 66K really is too big for use as an avatar - it means an extra 66K of baggage that would have to be downloaded with every message.

I see width 61px and height 65px, close enough. ;D

I even added one with width of 150px and height of 100px playing with different sizes, forum did of course resize them.

I see width 61px and height 65px, close enough.

The resizing should retain the original aspect ratio, but keep it within a max 65 x 65 px size.

Ian's file size of 66K really is too big for use as an avatar - it would mean an extra 66K of baggage that would be downloaded with every message.

Its only 7.86 KB (8048 bytes) according to image properties.

Edit: I see what you mean, have made another and its 4 KB even on my PC, image properties shows it being 7.9 KB (8092 bytes), on my PC it show 4.34 KB, wonder if it adds pixels as photos adds pounds.

I went ahead and removed avatar, only becuase it looked awkward, will add another one soon, no help needed, thanks, I may not be a pro at graphics but I do manage to amaze myself sometimes. ;)

BillMc said:
Its only 7.86 KB (8048 bytes) according to image properties.

Bill, that's the resized file size. The size of Ian's file is 66KB - see the attached screenshot for clarification.

Attachments

• file_size.jpg
    file_size.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 13
Oops, what I meant was I knew it was big, removed that one and removed my own creation, sorry, just that alot of times things come out wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom