A plague of frogs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wasoki

OK, so it wasn't a plague, only one really...

And to be honest, it was probably a toad...

But this is something I haven't had to deal with before.

The wife was doing her morning exercise routine and noticed something on the floor - thought it was something we had tracked in.  Being her diligent self she finished her exercise routine and went to clean / sweep the dirty spot on the floor.  It wasn't there.  Assuming that the dirt had been moved by a passing breeze or tracked elsewhere, she went on with her daily routine. 

A short while and a loud scream later, I was notified that there was a frog in the motorhome!  When I saw what she was talking about, I saw a 1"to 2" toad as  it promptly made its way under the couch. After using knitting needles to reach confines areas otherwise inaccessible, we were able to prod the critter into the open where he was captured and returned to the wilds.

My question is this, I have seen of all sorts of "cures" for fending off ants mice, etc.  Anyone have ideas or suggestions for keeping the unit toad free?

Wasoki said:
My question is this, I have seen of all sorts of "cures" for fending off ants mice, etc.  Anyone have ideas or suggestions for keeping the unit toad free?
A pet snake?? :eek:

RV Forum, camper?  wild?  Probably going to get an outdoor critter, indoors on occasion  ;)

Our cat thinks toads and frogs are great fun.  We have a lot tree frogs here in Florida and those sticky-footed dudes can hop up walls as well as along the floor and under furniture.

I wouldn't call it a plague with a frog, but no judgements here because if it were a mouse or a spider, it would be a plague lol

RVMommaTo6 said:
I wouldn't call it a plague with a frog, but no judgements here because if it were a mouse or a spider, it would be a plague lol

RvMama found a spider in the Pop up....But it's OK she killed it with a stick :)

Attachments

• pop up.jpg
    pop up.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 48
Lol that looks like a very appropriate reaction! I saw a spider in the bathroom once and killed it with a bottle of mouthwash lol. The whole house smelled minty fresh lol

I have had a plague of frogs off and on for years.

No idea why.

I have a big collection of my forggy pictures. Some folks have a guardian angel traveling with them. I have a guardian froggy.

In my motorhome for 8 years no matter where I went a frog was with me. Usually he was hanging outside the RV on the window. Once in awhile he snuck inside and I moved him back outside.

Now I bought a 5th wheel last year. Next thing you know,  I have frogs on the outside clinging to the rig.

But one morning I got up to make coffee. I have a screen in my sink drain to catch debris. I move that debris to the compost bin or garbage. So when I rinse out my French press coffee maker, the coffee grounds end up in the screen. I pick up the drain screen and transferred the grounds to my compost bin.

When I turned around to replace the screen, a tiny little froggy climbed out of the drain and began hopping around the RV!

It took me until the afternoon to actually capture the little guy. Then I moved him outdoors. He moved to the outside of the kitchen window and hangs their forlornly wondering why I won't adopt him as an inside pet.

Toads give off a sticky repellent on their backs when disturbed.  It's a kind of defense mechanism, anyway it is a narcotic.  I had an old dog that loved to lick toads backs and them get silly as all get out.  Wears off after while, but he was always hunting toads.

Sooooo...., for a little fun  in your life consider this............... :-*

Cooperhawk said:
Toads give off a sticky repellent on their backs when disturbed.  It's a kind of defense mechanism, anyway it is a narcotic.  I had an old dog that loved to lick toads backs and them get silly as all get out.  Wears off after while, but he was always hunting toads.

Sooooo...., for a little fun  in your life consider this............... :-*

You know there's a town in Arkansas named "Toad Suck".  Story is that bargemen on the Arkansas river used to stop there at night.  Apparently, around the campfire, these guys learned the same thing as your dog.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom