Florida mini Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hfx_Cdn

The time is nearing for our annual mini Rally in Central Florida.  We are looking at January 23rd, 2019 at the Olive Garden in Lakeland.  All are welcome but we would like some feedback as to your intention of joining us.  Every year it seems to attract more and we would like to continue to see it grow.
    Please let us know if you can make it.

Ed & Rene

Forgot to mention, it is a lunch event, for 12 noon

There is a chance I could make that. Won't know until a few days prior

We'll be about 240 miles away at Crooked River SP just over the line in GA then, so it won't work out for us this time. Eventually we'll be just ~30 miles away from Lakeland at Alafia River SP, but that won't be until early March.

Hfx_Cdn said:
Forgot to mention, it is a lunch event, for 12 noon

That actually increases the chances. I'm about 3.5 hrs away and that makes it doable in a day

J32952 said:
Being newbie (to both RV & this forum) what?s a mini rally?

We call them mini rallies when a small number of members meet. Sometimes it's planned, sometimes not. Could be as small as two members finding out they're in the same town and meeting for dinner. This as opposed to rallies such as Quartzsite which are quite large and planned well in advance.

As for the term mini Rally, it often also implies a joint meal but no other activities.  It offer an opportunity to meet other forum members.
    It would be the northern one just off I 4, nearby previous mini rally locations, here is the web directions: https://www.olivegarden.com/locations/fl/lakeland/lakeland-mall-us-highway-98/1033?cmpid=br:eek:g_ag:ie_ch:dry_ca:OGGMB_dt:20181212_sn:gmb_gt:lakeland-fl-1033_pl:locurl_rd:1016

Ed

I'll be giving more detailed instructions on how to get there soon.

If you do plan on attending, could you please PM me with your 1st name and the name of anyone else attending and where you live. Winter and summer. That information will not be given out to anyone. It will be used during the rally just to introduce you to the other attendees. Thanks.

This will be our 4th mini rally held in Lakeland FL. Lakeland was chosen because it was centrally located in FL, hoping to get many members to attend. Last year we had 13 members attend (which includes significant others) so we're hoping to have more this year. If it looks like the date may conflict with someone attending like a doctors appointment, we may be able to make adjustments. Nothing is etched in stone yet so letting us know ASAP will really help. It would be great to know as the date get's closer if you'll be attending just so I can give the restaurant a head count. Thanks.

From the East on I-4, take Exit 32 for US 98 North. At the end of the ramp, take a right. Go about 1/4 of a mile (through 2 green lights) and on the right you'll see Smokey Bones and Olive Garden will be the next building. Take the right after Olive Garden in order to get to the parking lot.

From the West on I-4, take Exit 32 for US 98 North. At the end of the ramp, take a left. Go about 1/4 of a mile (through 2 green lights) and on the right you'll see Smokey Bones and Olive Garden will be the next building. Take the right after Olive Garden in order to get to the parking lot.

Dream Chasers said:
Both of us will be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. We live year-round in Polk City, Floida.

Have you down as a yes. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Alpena Jeff said:
Maybe next year Rene. Feels like I already know most of you although we have not met.
Got a priority issue right now.
Enjoy, Jeff

Yes we know Jeff. Take care.

Alpena Jeff said:
Got a priority issue right now.

Sorry about your 'little nuisance' Jeff. Hoping you can make a Florida swing once you hit the road

We're not sure if we count yet, but we'd like to attend. If that's okay, it would be two of us. We live in the Orlando area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom