Generator not starting and RV CO2 alar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

georgecat

Just took out of storage?it?s 25 F here...and generator/it won?t turn over....something I need to do other than retreat south?

My CO2 alarm going off?put new battery in and it still beeps....do I need to replace with ?RV? type CO2 alarm or any house one ok?

It's not a CO2 alarm - it's either for propane gas or CO (carbon monoxide).  Since it has a battery, I'm guessing CO.  In either case, it is not RV specific and any brand will do.

Depending on year and RV model, the genset may start from the chassis battery, house battery, or have its own battery. Start diagnosing there.

THree kinds of "Alarms" in an RV
Propane is normally near the floor
Smoke on the ceiling
CO just below

The big name in RV CO alarms is Atwood.. which is a rel-labeled Kidde. in fact on the OEM Atwood in mine they screwed up when they printed the manual.. Half Atwood, Half Kiddie. I replaced it with a Kiddie the only difference was a sticker on the battery door. So I swapped doors.

Thank you..I was corrected as I called it CO2...it?s not..

Generator now starting...I was?t holding it down long enough. 

This forum is awesome  Thanks for your info

georgecat said:
My CO2 alarm going off?put new battery in and it still beeps....do I need to replace with ?RV? type CO2 alarm or any house one ok?

If a CO detector is beyond the age of what the manufacturer thinks it should be, it will constantly beep every few seconds.  That is around 7-10 years from the date of manufacture.  A house CO detector replacement will work fine.

Kidde had a recall on them, and you can get a new free one, or buy one (or many) at a discount on their website.  Fire extinguishers also had a recall.

The only difference between a Kidde home type CO detector and an Atwood RV type is the label. I kid you not. In fact the Atwood owner's manual I got with mine has an error.. half the page day Kidde on 'em. 

Oh on the Atwood there wa a Sticker on the battery door that was not on the Kidde..  I swapped the doors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claassen
Back
Top Bottom