Salt Lake City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spike1306

We will be visiting Salt lake city in may on our way from Denver to Yellowstone Park, I have been looking for some decent RV parks closeish to the city but all I seem to fine are residential sites etc.

Can any of you good people recommend a couple of decent RV parks around the area?

Also things worth seeing whilst there, we will only be there for a about 1 1/2 days.

Thanks

Pony Express RV Resort & Campground in North Salt Lake is very nice.

https://www.sunrvresorts.com/resorts/west/utah/pony-express-rv-resort

A lot of Forum members stay at the KOA as it is the closest to the city center.  However, we prefer the Pony Express park as it is better laid out, cleaner, and newer.  It is about a 10 minute drive to the LDS Library, and Temple.  It was a Good Sam park when we stayed there.
  As for things to do, DW is heavily into genealogy, the the LDS Library is the best location in the world to do research.  The Temple, and Choir performances are a must see.  We drove up the mountains to see the sights, and over to Great Salt Lake.

Ed

The KOA is a great spot for tourists because the light rail has a stop right outside the park. It provides free transportation in the downtown area. Lots of shade in most sites. Pony Express is good for a pass through. Very open and up to date, but not very pretty. Sits across from a refinery.

FROM Denver TO Yellowstone,,, you will be going WAY out of your way through Salt Lake.. Why not I 25 north FROM Denver TO
Buffalo or Sheridan going onto Yellow from the east.??>>>Dan

Utclmjmpr said:
FROM Denver TO Yellowstone,,, you will be going WAY out of your way through Salt Lake.. Why not I 25 north FROM Denver TO
Buffalo or Sheridan going onto Yellow from the east.??>>>Dan

Thanks for all the great replies i will check them all out.

Thanks for the idea but we are on a nice little road trip seeing as much of your beautiful country along the way, we are heading out from Denver along I 70 then up to Vernal on the way to SLC then up to Grizzly RV park in Yellowstone, hiring a car for 3 days to see the sites and hopefully lots of wildlife,  then through Yellowstone heading out to Buffalo, across to Deadwood and Sturgis (has to be done being a big bike fan) then down to Mount Rushmore and then back to Denver to give the RV back.

We then Hire a car for 4 days and head up Pikes peak and see the garden of the gods and various other places around the Colorado Springs area before going back to Denver to fly home for a rest ha ha!!!

While touring Colorado Springs area, a must see is the Royal Gorge, here is their website: https://royalgorgebridge.com/

Ed

Hfx_Cdn said:
    While touring Colorado Springs area, a must see is the Royal Gorge, here is their website: https://royalgorgebridge.com/

Ed

Ooooh now that is a must see, for me anyway, the wife would not walk over it but she can always a have a coffee or two whilst I do it.

Uinta National Forest. Beautiful scenic drive-thru road. There is also a scenic sky lift operating year round and not overly expensive. We were once there in the fall. Here is a picture I took while riding the sky lift.

www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=18927

We went to the Royal Gorge in 2007. They had a giant swing set, you could swing out over the gorge.  Not me because I'm skeered of high places. The train ride was fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom