People will do anything to be on TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oldgator73 said:
Alright. Not sure what you can get for $3.10.

DEAL ;D ;D

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Campa-Chem-Toilet-Tissue-4-Pack/4011

I think part of the problem is that so many people end up in prison over such trivial junk.  I have a brother in law that spent a couple of years in prison when he was in his early 20's over something stupid, he just recently managed to have his record expunged after having nothing negative on his record for well over a decade.  Without getting into too many details it goes something like this, he got drunk and broke into his ex-inlaws house to take back some stuff (diamond ring, etc.) he had given his ex-wife.  The ex-wife did not want to press charges (they had a newborn kid together at the time), but her parents always disliked him, and it was there house he broke into, ....

I watched the recent episode of Love after Lockup -  its so sad and pathetic that its funny.  Of course once they get on their own its no more lovey dovey and real issues appear and of course they cant deal with real issues so they end the relationship or close to it.  Im thinking "what did they expect to happen".  This is why they say men are from mars and wemon are from venis and no way to get around that.  I think the good lord has certainly played a trick on all in that regard.    But seeing their desperation, emotional blindness, and lack of morals i would not have anything to do with any of the females on that show anyway.

I was on judge judy one time a long time ago, all i have to say about that experience is that "i dont respect her as a judge or a person" and ill leave it at that.  I do wish i would have realized it was a show and all about the show and not about justice or actual court.  I went expecting professionalism and all i got was a monkey court.

Just guessing here, but I'd bet she didn't rule in your favor.

I will say that, at times, she seems to get a mistaken idea in her head about something in a case and won't listen when the people try to correct her.  Sometimes you can also see her personal prejudices bleeding over her judgement in a case.

Judge Judy is the highest paid entertainer on television. It's all about drama and ratings.

Have watched a couple episodes of Judge Judy and been a witness in a few real courts... Tend to agree Judge Judy is a TV show. entertainment more than reality.

There used to be a show called "Power of Attorney" Real judge, Real attorneys Real clients.
That was much closer to reality.. I especially liked one episode featuring Michigan's most flamboyant Attorney Geoffrey Fieger.  He won by the way (IT was an easy win for him.. the other attorney was most.... Entainering.. Both the Judge and Mr. Fieger found him so.. His case.. Well ...)

What some folks do to get on TV
THere are assorted shows I collectively call "America's Stupidest Idiots".  Though that is not. far as I know the actual name of any of them.

Bunch of Bikers made several runs down I-696 in Oakland County.. practiicing for the "Money Run" well the last run (The Money Run as it turns out. both as they planned and .. Differently) They had a film crew in a Chevy filming them doing wheel stands at 70 MPH down the freeway... Problem is there was more than one film crew (I was on the other crew).. And the show ended with the road turning tri-color.. Royal blue.. Maze (Gold) and RED.. blue and maze is a State Police car and the RED is of courde the light up on the roof.. Got all but one of them and we got the film a well. Identified the one which got away... THey did make it on TV... Court room (Evidence) TV.. Their own film in fact was the one used to convict them.

THe money run.. THey hoped to get paid... (THe plan) They wound up PAYING (how it turned out)

I kind of liked that dispatch job.

Old_Crow said:
Just guessing here, but I'd bet she didn't rule in your favor.

True but i would have felt this way even with a win, she is that bad. They paid me enough for being there to cover my loss anyway. But i still feel its a monkey court at best.

I enjoyed the fear factor show but it has gone away, i assume maybe that had something to do with the donkey episode.   

Just for those that do not know how these court TV shows get their clients here is how its done.    When you file in court against someone (in many states for less than $10,000) this is what happens.  The courts are so congested that the court will most likely send you a letter asking you if you would prefer a mediator, and they really stress in the letter that it could take a long time to hear your case, which is an incentive to take the mediator option.  They tell you that the mediator will sit down with you and hear both sides of the case and help decide the outcome. 

Now the next part is rather fuzzy, im not sure if there is a national list of mediated cases but there has to be some kind of court listing that all the legal shows can tap into.  Then those TV shows either call or send you a official looking letter that says that your case has been assigned to them for mediation and gives you the option to reject or approve.  Now i know they all get this list because i got several offers at the same time.

I dont know what happens if you reject but i approved the judge judy offer because at the time i felt like since it originated from my local filing that it had to be a real court case even if it was on TV, that was so wrong.

Anyway once you accept they send you a ticket and tell you how things work.  They fly you  somewhere and put you up for the night, for me it was LA.  Then they take you to the show studio the next day, not a court house but a studio.  Yes its all TV and you are in an actual studio with the lights and cams in the ceiling, you are told to stand on a certain mark and not to move around. 

Anyway, when you get back after the case you get a check in the mail for appearing, i got $250 which was how much i sued for, but then again so did the other person.  The lesson here is simple  Court is Court and TV is TV, they are NOT interchangable.

NY_Dutch said:
You went to a make believe court with a make believe judge and expected real justice???  ;)

Yep it was a long time ago and all part of growing up and learning how the "real world" works.  :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom