Tattoos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say first impressions of a person with tattoos, is different than one without, but as you get to know the person, the real person shows through.  Is that bad that we may get an impression on such an outward thing?  Yes, it probably is, but so are many other outward appearances, clothing, speech, cleanliness etc.  It is just human nature. 

I usually focus on eyes and smile and try (there is no try there is only do), but I do try. 

In my current gig as Santa I see many families, from the well dressed to tats, bandana and rough looking, but it comes down to the kids, and so far the kids are all great.  Says a lot for the parents bringing them in.

Old_Crow said:
One of my wife's is a rose bud.  She jokes that now it's a long stem rose.

It's all fun and games when "she" jokes about it........

PancakeBill said:
I would say first impressions of a person with tattoos, is different than one without, but as you get to know the person, the real person shows through.  Is that bad that we may get an impression on such an outward thing?  Yes, it probably is, but so are many other outward appearances, clothing, speech, cleanliness etc.  It is just human nature. 

I usually focus on eyes and smile and try (there is no try there is only do), but I do try. 

In my current gig as Santa I see many families, from the well dressed to tats, bandana and rough looking, but it comes down to the kids, and so far the kids are all great.  Says a lot for the parents bringing them in.

When I was younger I hung out with some rather "unsavory" characters.  One Christmas Eve a couple of them stopped by to visit.  The nastiest looking one had brought a set of sleigh bells with him.  After the kids were asleep, he snuck out under their window and shook the bells.  The kids swore that they had heard Santa visit when they woke up the next morning. 
It is, and always has been, all about the kids(well, okay, now it's about the grandkids...I can't afford the toys my boys want now).

I'm mid 40s and have 2 tattoos...
One to celebrate my divorce.
One because I wanted it.

Neither are visible unless I'm in a small bikini..... or naked.... ;)

The tattoos are for me... not for anyone else...
And.. I'm getting another one, because I want to.... It will also only be visible if I am in a bikini or naked.
So.......Unless you live somewhere warm (and I'm going to be in a bikini) or plan on getting naked with me.........My tattoos shouldn't bother anyone!  ;D

My husband is a Bank Manager and has a serious amount of ink.... That you only get to see if he's shirtless... Hasn't effected his employment ability.

SarniaTricia said:
I'm mid 40s and have 2 tattoos...
One to celebrate my divorce.
One because I wanted it.

Neither are visible unless I'm in a small bikini..... or naked.... ;)

The tattoos are for me... not for anyone else...
And.. I'm getting another one, because I want to.... It will also only be visible if I am in a bikini or naked.
So.......Unless you live somewhere warm (and I'm going to be in a bikini) or plan on getting naked with me.........My tattoos shouldn't bother anyone!  ;D
My husband is a Bank Manager and has a serious amount of ink.... That you only get to see if he's shirtless... Hasn't effected his employment ability.

I?m thinking I should learn how to tattoo.  :eek:

Oldgator73 said:
Yeah, I made the mistake of joking that my wife used to be a 36D, now she?s a 36 Long. Wow! Took a long time for that smoke to clear.
Bwahahahaha, you are a brave brave man!!!

ziplock said:
They had enough  money for a tat,  when they should  have  used  it  for  rent.

And it's exactly that degree of judgementalism which makes me alternately despair and want to vomit.  I was a Police officer for 30 years in the UK. Thank god that most young people - y'know, the ones who need to git a job/haircut/larn to speak properly - who I've met in that capacity or personally, have far more understanding and empathy than my generation.

I have three grown-up daughters, two of whom have significant ink on their bodies. I have none, my wife has none. As SargeW says above, I neither like nor dislike them, but I sure as hell love my girls. The tats don't define them, they're just a part of them. The sweet irony which I love most of all is that our oldest is a senior mental health practitioner who has a pretty good grasp of what's important and what isn't.

As to the employment-interview choice, I'd spend the time asking the guy with the ink what the stories were behind the tats in the hope of finding out more about him. In my experience, people who wear stuff on their sleeve are quite open about themselves, so maybe I'd find that guy has a great work ethic as well as his tattoos and I'd hire him.

jayc2640 said:
We are a product of the values and opinions of our parents and the society we grew up in....... I believe what I want, you decide for yourself.  Don't impose your beliefs or criticisms of my beliefs on me, and I will extend the same courtesy to you. 

Absolutely spot-on. There is SO much judgementalism often born out of ignorance or fear. Thanks.

cadee2c said:
Ive often thought I would like to have a bunch of racy ones all over, just to give the nurses something to look at when they are changing my diapers and bathing me in the nursing home when I get old.  ;D

???

Dougie Brown said:
I have three grown-up daughters, two of whom have significant ink on their bodies. I have none, my wife has none. As SargeW says above, I neither like nor dislike them, but I sure as hell love my girls. The tats don't define them, they're just a part of them. 
Almost all of us would be the same with our kids too - love them despite any tats.  But I do find myself judging people (more young women than men) when I see a lot of tats on their bodies.  I know that many of them are fine folks but that first impression almost requires personal contact with the person to change my mind.  It is the way I was raised - only Navy swabbies had tattoos.  Anybody else was just trash (1940s).  I often wonder what will offend today's generation in the future.  Seems like everything is offensive to them already.

Bill

Bill N said:
Almost all of us would be the same with our kids too - love them despite any tats.

Slightly pedantic, but I love them with their tats, not despite them. :)

Dougie Brown
---

Well, around here, people pay ALOT of money  for an Identification  Marker.  Maybe they are cheap  where you live? Perhaps they are cheap enough,  that you don't  have to save up to get one.

How much  does a QUALITY Sleeve  cost in your  town?

Bill N said:
I often wonder what will offend today's generation in the future.  Seems like everything is offensive to them already.

Boy is that the truth.....My 25 year old Daughter finds everything I say offensive....And if I say nothing that's offensive.

Dougie Brown said:
Dunno, probably a couple of grand?

Gee, I stand corrected, I had no  idea  the price had  come  down that much?!

Is it because there are so many  more tat artists these days, or that the price of ink has come  down, or what?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom