Tattoos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The worst tat i have ever seen was a huge big eye butterfly that would look me in the eye at times of interest, drove me nuts and i stopped dating her pretty quickly.

To me tats on females mean trashy, but that does not mean that i am right, its just the way i am. 

I know many people who have ink that have fine values- work hard,take care of family,treat people right.  Don't be so quick to judge!

I don't care for face/neck tattoos.  I don't care for "sexy" ones or tasteless themes.  Never understood the tramp stamp craze. 

I never got one,though I considered a memorial to my first dog.  I don't mind memorial ink.  Some people have a bonding experience by getting the same ink.  Some people have cultural impetus to have ink. 

So,yes,decent,law-abiding,productive people can have ink.  Some even have piercings,but we won't go there.

I have one Tattoo of the Seabee logo on my right upper arm, with the years of duty in the RVN. My Mom was visiting. Sooo.. my daughter asked me what I thought about her getting a small Tat of a Butterfly on her boob. My Mom jumped in and said: Honey.. if you get a Tattoo your Boob... Just know and remember... One Day...That Tattoo Will Be.. NEAR YOUR KNEE !!

Jus'  something to think about  ?? Location, Location, Location ?? ;) :)

(she never got the Tattoo)

Joe

Is it because there are so many  more tat artists these days, or that the price of ink has come  down, or what?

Maybe depends on the area. Like most everything else, prices change according to supply and demand. Also depends on the quality of the work, the talent of the artist,, and yes, they are artists. They have to be in order to be able to draw custom designs. Youd be surprised how many peoplen want the preprinted designs modified to fit their ideas.

BIG JOE said:
I my daughter asked me what I thought about her getting a small Tat of a Butterfly on her boob. My Mom jumped in and said: Honey.. if you get a Tattoo your Boob... Just know and remember... One Day...That Tattoo Will Be.. NEAR YOUR KNEE !!

Jus'  something to think about  ?? Location, Location, Location ?? ;) :)

(she never got the Tattoo)

Joe

My dear sweet loving wife thru the years has gone from a 36 D to a 38 Long.....just sayin...she isn't on this forum...

A good friend of mine and his very attractive wife each have many tattoos. He was once describing one of hers that is in an intimate place and commented that he noticed a spelling error before the tattoo artist started. He then said "Can you imagine how that would look if it was misspelled?" I refrained from answering.  ::)

Guest said:
Before i get into this let me just say that i believe everyone has the right to do as they wish with their body.  This is only how i feel and what i think with regards to my own life rules.  So this is not intended to insult or offend anyone.  I will use ink to refer to tattoos.

I would never date anyone with ink, i do not see it as art and i find it trashy.  I dont have any ink but not to say i was not tempted several times in my life either via peer pressure or just to rebel, but i was able to make the right choice for me.  I see ink as being weak at some point in ones life or just trying to fit in with others and it screams "i want attention".  I am not saying that i disrespect those with ink, but i respect those without it more. 

Regardless of the colors used or how well its done, i just dont see the need to hack up ones body with ink of any kind.  Just wondering if anyone feels as negative about ink as i do.

People often get tattoos to show that they are a rebel, and want to be different. Why not.....everyone is doing it!  ???

Joezeppy said:
A good friend of mine and his very attractive wife each have many tattoos. He was once describing one of hers that is in an intimate place and commented that he noticed a spelling error before the tattoo artist started. He then said "Can you imagine how that would look if it was misspelled?" I refrained from answering.  ::)

Many years ago, I had a friend that was ex-navy ( late 50?s/early ?60?s) and had spent time in the Philippines. As sailor will often do....he got drunk and went to a local tattoo parlor. The song ?Earth Angel?, was popular at the time.  Once sobered-up, he discovered his new tattoo.....?Earth Angle?!  No one ever ever said anything about it.....yeh right!  ;D

A friend of mine has several tattoos and one on his arm looks like a large smudge. I asked him what it was, he said it was he name of his ex wife and now he is remarried.  ;D

These are great! I have a friend with a Chinese symbol for fire or something, he's a fire fighter. It's his only tattoo, small, on his forearm. I'm always joking about it being a menu item or something. Or I'll bring it into conversation like, well of course Jim likes RVing, he got the Chinese symbol for RV tattooed on his arm.

RVMommaTo6 said:
These are great! I have a friend with a Chinese symbol for fire or something, he's a fire fighter. It's his only tattoo, small, on his forearm. I'm always joking about it being a menu item or something. Or I'll bring it into conversation like, well of course Jim likes RVing, he got the Chinese symbol for RV tattooed on his arm.

I?m wondering what the Chinese symbol for RV is. There is no such thing as a Chinese alphabet. There are Chinese symbols that resemble our letters. There is a rough translation for Recreational Vehicle utilizing three symbols. In English letters it is Xiuxian che. I ask our granddaughter, who has been taking Mandarin Chinese in school for 4 years, if she could read the Chinese symbols for recreational Vehicle but she did not recognize them.

Oldgator73 said:
I’m wondering what the Chinese symbol for RV is. There is no such thing as a Chinese alphabet. There are Chinese symbols that resemble our letters. There is a rough translation for Recreational Vehicle utilizing three symbols. In English letters it is Xiuxian che. I ask our granddaughter, who has been taking Mandarin Chinese in school for 4 years, if she could read the Chinese symbols for recreational Vehicle but she did not recognize them.

but it looks amazingly like our alphabet

Attachments

• chinese alphavet.jpg
    chinese alphavet.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 18
I often wonder what foreign language tattoos actually say. I'm sure some of the tattoo artists have a laugh when it's obvious the customer doesn't understand the language.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom