Looking for recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kenjohn

I'm in the market for a used Class C. After researching many: I'm hoping I can make a list, and someone can narrow some make and models for me. I realize I may not find them all, but hopefully most of them. Thanks All.
28-30 foot
Sleep over cab
1-2 sliders
No carpet
Ford E 450 Chassis
Generator
Dark glass
Stove top & oven
2005-2012

Welcome to the forum. You're not likely to be given a list of RVs that meet your specs. The best way to find what you want is to spend time on RV Trader, PPL and RVT looking at pictures and reading descriptions. Then, start looking in person, both at private party sales and dealers. Be patient, it will take a long time looking at many, many rigs to find one that meets your needs and is in good shape. There is no shortcut to this process so have fun and enjoy it. Once you start homing in on the right one, come back with your questions.

While your trying to make your mind you may want to consider renting one for a weekend.

Just to get a better feel for what you may want/need.

consider the weights as you look around.  Seems that the C's around 30 ft or more are all pretty much overweight on their rear axles.

I like my C, and I think it's a good type...good for a niche market....but that is a limitation of the bigger ones like mine.
We do like our floorplan.  great storage space, floor plan works well for us.

I have spent quite a bit of time on RV trader, but you?re right, it would be a better idea to contact some dealers. We?re pretty rural though and not much for dealers around. I will do some emails and calls.
Thanks

There is nothing very unusual in your list, so many C's in the 30 ft range should have potential. You just have to hunt through the various brands and floor plans to identify those that work and then seek out available ones. Google/Bing should be a big help in culling the herd, and many dealers have good photos online, in and out. However, you need to put eyes on teach to finalize.

The cab over area can be either a bunk or entertainment/storage area, and that choice is often an option rather than fixed for a model and floor plan. That means you may have to look deeper than just year/make/model/floorplan.

I share the concern about the weight of a loaded 30-31 footer on an E450.  It is going to be pushing its GVWR (max weight limit) of 14,050 lbs.  You may get a lot of features but little carrying capacity for family & gear. A Class A in the 30-33 foot range would be a better choice, in my opinion.

Kenjohn said:
I'm in the market for a used Class C. After researching many: I'm hoping I can make a list, and someone can narrow some make and models for me. I realize I may not find them all, but hopefully most of them. Thanks All.
28-30 foot
Sleep over cab
1-2 sliders
No carpet
Ford E 450 Chassis
Generator
Dark glass
Stove top & oven
2005-2012

My Class C would have been perfect for you but it already sold.

The sleep over cab is well worth it. My Fleetwood Tioga had a nice sturdy ladder for getting up there to the queen bunk. When the ladder wasn't in use, there was a special space for it above the cabinetry in the salon where it popped into place and out of the way for safe traveling storage.

My friend that often traveled with me complained of the seam between the two cushions in the cab over bunk so we added a memory foam topper and that was heaven on earth for comfort. I never slid the bunk away, just left it out in the full queen size all the time. This made the dash AC super efficient at keeping the cab cool while driving without having to run the generator.

Many RV's come with carpet, but I removed mine and replaced with vinyl.

Dark glass is optional. There is static cling tint that is super easy to apply yourself as it just uses a teeny bit of water to apply and it is repositionable.

If you are paying cash, don't worry too much about the year. Just look for one with a cozy layout that appeals to you.  ;D

Class C's do sell quicker than most any other type RV, so go look at plenty on Craigslist and at dealers. The more you look the more you gain in knowledge.

Good luck and let me know what you find.

Yes: we have had both travel trailers and a 5th wheel in the past. We built a house on Lake Superior 11 years ago, and quit camping.

Kenjohn said:
Yes: we have had both travel trailers and a 5th wheel in the past. We built a house on Lake Superior 11 years ago, and quit camping.

Good...You know what problems to look for in a used unit plus the things you ;ile and don't like. Experience helps!

Back
Top Bottom