Appropriate upholstery for RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatsinQ

Hi all,
Do I HAVE to use outdoor fabric to re-upholster the various cushions in the RV?  What about the curtains? If I line a regular curtain fabric with UV blocking material, will that be enough to keep the curtains from fading? Or is it better to just use outdoor fabric for everything?

You can use (almost) whatever fabric you choose. Sunbrella makes fabrics that work well for RVs, boats, patios, and home indoors. They have a huge selection of colors/designs, and my other half has used them for many years in her home/boat (and more recently RV) interior remodeling business.

You don't "have to" do anything, but I would choose upholstery & fabrics suitable to the environment & usage. Rvs get a lot of sun, endure a wide range of temperatures and humidity, and often get a lot of dirt tracked in/on from outdoor activities, dusty campground roads, etc.  Good quality stuff lasts longer and looks better, but sometimes can be hard on the budget, at least in terms of upfront cost. Over time, it usually works out.

Back
Top Bottom