How to double your TV screen size....at no co$t

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
    But that doesn't do anything about not being able to hear any of the talking, although I'm sure you'd have no problem hearing the damnable music they play while people are talking.

Ed

And most of the time it's not even music, it's just clanging banging NOISE that serves no purpose except to keep you from hearing the talking.. I guess someone thinks it's DRAMA, what a joke.>>>Dan

I must admit the "Music" (and yes sometimes that is a very loose term) is kind of loud reference to teh dialog..  I could make a joke as to why (Bad microphones) but alas that's not it.

I do recall one movie I watched (Ladyhawke) where the music was rather good.. but it was recorded at Abby Road Studios.. if you know which recording studio that is you might know why the music was good.

I am used to hearing voice under noise so it does not bother me much.

If you're watching broadcast or cable TV, a lot of the music vs. dialog problem is due to the Commercial Advertisment Loudness Mitigation Act (CALM Act) passed by Congress in 2010.

It says that broadcast commercials must be no louder than the surrounding programming.

Instead of reducing the commercial volumes, broadcasters and cable channels took the easy way out ... instead of letting the dialog be louder than the music or background sounds, they squash everything together to a constant din so the commercials will match that level no matter if you're transitioning from a quiet forest scene or from a loud shouting match into the commercial.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom