Trackvision ,DTV, SWM, etc etc confused

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArmorWrapGuy

So I have a R4SL tracvision dome on my RV. Its about 10 years and old I've been trying to figure out which DTV receiver would work with it. I had a DTV tech out and he said none of the genie or HD ones will work. But then he said I needed the older HD receiver. it was confusing.

I read that HR24 will work and its listed as one of the ones to use.
The previous owner of the RV had DTV in it and I found the remote.

But I bought the HR24 receiver and the guy handed me a SWM module and said it needs this.  Does it?

I know my dish type is 18" round and multiswitch. The previous owner wrote that down.
So I'm just trying to figure out what to do from here. Will this HF24 work? do I really need that swm module?

I think I got it figured out.

I didn't use the swm module. In the setup I selected 18" dish, no swm,  1 tuner.
It did a bunch of stuff and the direct tv preview channel came on. I'm still not sure how to handle my bedroom TV and my KVH dome has 2 coax cables coming out of it so I would think it can be configured with 2 receivers and tvs but for now I'm glad it's just working with one.

Now the fun part, calling Directv and trying not to get ripped off from monthly charges and contracts!

ArmorWrapGuy said:
I read that HR24 will work and its listed as one of the ones to use.
The previous owner of the RV had DTV in it and I found the remote.

But I bought the HR24 receiver and the guy handed me a SWM module and said it needs this.  Does it?

As you have already discovered, the HR24 is the last DTV receiver that can be used in Multi-switch mode which is what your dish needs.  Any receivers with model numbers 25 or higher are SWM-only.

Actually, it wouldn't be all that difficult to convert your dish to SWM, but if you are satisfied with what you have that's fine.  With SWM the single coax to the receiver would bring multi-tuner capability so the DVR could be used to record one channel while watching another.

Back
Top Bottom