Met someone update...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RVMommaTo6

Here's an update to my "situation" that I posted about before. I mention my trip, what I would consider, often. Tonight we were out and talking about Christmas. I got the kids tickets to Disneyland and Universal for when we're in CA. After that conversation, he asked, "so what trips are you going on? There's the cruise in January, Disneyland in October, and what was the third one?" I reminded him about my 10 month cross country trip and he seemed completely shocked. He said he doesn't know how he managed to miss that detail (I told him about it once in the very beginning and since then have just mentioned certain parts of the trip) I got nervous, because he seemed completely dumbfounded like it was brand new information. Our conversation drifted away from that and after the shock wore off we talked a little later about it. Not much, but enough to know that it's not scaring him away and that the plan is to deal with it when it comes. One day at a time. So it's a relief knowing that he wants to stick it out and see what happens and (now) fully gets that I'll be gone for 10 months.

Thanks for the update, I just went back and caught up on your other thread, I have been a bit short of time to stay caught up on my online stuff the last week or so.  Of course now I am up at 3 am on Christmas eve morning with a cold, sinus junk, etc. so the perfect time to catch up on all this relationship stuff.

Ike

Ike, I hope it's just a quick morning thing and you feel better by later today! Merry Christmas!

Tom, he's obviously just someone to hang out with while I pack for Florida.

Amanda you are really getting tricky by starting a new thread just when you were about to set a record on that old one.....LOL.  Sounds like 'yo man' has given it some consideration and decided that 10 months may not be all that bad to wait.  Merry Christmas and all the best on your love life.

Bill

RVMommaTo6 said:
I reminded him about my 10 month cross country trip and he seemed completely shocked. He said he doesn't know how he managed to miss that detail (I told him about it once in the very beginning and since then have just mentioned certain parts of the trip) I got nervous, because he seemed completely dumbfounded like it was brand new information.

Well one things for sure...He's a typical man....We tend to only hear the things that have a bearing on the moment ;D

Do you have room to sleep one more? Will he have any vacation time during that 10 month period?
You could invite him to fly out and meet you someplace for a week or three.

Joel

Great Horned Owl said:
Do you have room to sleep one more? Will he have any vacation time during that 10 month period?
You could invite him to fly out and meet you someplace for a week or three.

Joel

LOL..She taking 6 kids and herself on a 10 month trip....She'll be luckily if the kids don't leave her @ Anywhere USA due to lack of space....If that happens Amanda just post a message on the forum...Someone will come along and pick you up ;)

If it?s a good thing he will be understanding and resilient. Being military and then a Federal employee my wife and I learned that family separations were just a fact of life. A month here, three months there, a year. I would come home and say I had to go to training and would be gone 3 months or just got remote orders and be gone for a year. You get used to it, or not. I was Chief Of Education & Training at RAF Lakenheath in the UK. After being there 3 years our daughter said she was having a hard time with the kids and work. My wife came back to Delaware to help while I waited for retirement. Before anybody says it?s early days in the relationship, my wife and I dated 4 months before we were married. That was 46 years ago.

Whatever you do, keep this trip sacred for the kids. You described this as your last real time with them and I'm sure they are looking forward to it. Inserting a stranger into this trip through visits will take directly from the mom time you envisioned. If he's the guy you hope he is, this should be his thought as well.

Back2PA said:
Whatever you do, keep this trip sacred for the kids. You described this as your last real time with them and I'm sure they are looking forward to it. Inserting a stranger into this trip through visits will take directly from the mom time you envisioned. If he's the guy you hope he is, this should be his thought as well.
:)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Thanks Bill!
Joel, Scott, and Paul, I would be open to occasional long weekend every so often if that's where we are by then. As of now, he hasn't met my kids yet. They barely know he exists.

Oldgator73 said:
If it?s a good thing he will be understanding and resilient. Being military and then a Federal employee my wife and I learned that family separations were just a fact of life. A month here, three months there, a year. I would come home and say I had to go to training and would be gone 3 months or just got remote orders and be gone for a year. You get used to it, or not. I was Chief Of Education & Training at RAF Lakenheath in the UK. After being there 3 years our daughter said she was having a hard time with the kids and work. My wife came back to Delaware to help while I waited for retirement. Before anybody says it?s early days in the relationship, my wife and I dated 4 months before we were married. That was 46 years ago.
Gator, your wife is a lucky woman. Being military doesn't make someone a good husband, being a good person makes them a good husband.
Here's a true story for you. I was an Army wife. My husband was mobilized for a year to a location about a 6 hour drive away from home. I stayed home with our 6 kids, ages 12, 10, 9, 7, 5, and 4. Between homeschooling them and being their girl scout leader and their soccer coach, I brought the kids to see him on weekends. Apparently that wasn't enough because he "got lonely" when he wasn't getting constant attention and met a 20 year old girl (less than half his age) and moved in with her. 

His loss!

New guy is new so just take it as it comes. Don't worry too much. Most important is enjoying the trip with the kids in a relaxed way and I'm sure you will do the right thing...

If he's decent and keen he will work around your schedule and understand the reasons for it.

Happy Christmas x

RVMommaTo6 said:
  Being military doesn't make someone a good husband, being a good person makes them a good husband.
So true Amanda.  During my military career I spent 3 years on an inspection team that traveled to bases across the US for one week no-notice inspections.  On my first trips out I was amazed at how two or three of our highest ranking members (all married) had girlfriends in what seemed to be every place we traveled.  One even had a mistress that he paid to fly into the base we were visiting.  Over the years the characters changed but the acts continued to play out.  I never understood why someone could not go for one week without seeking outside love.  It finally dawned on me that, in some cases, they did not have inside love either.  Some of those wives were making themselves available at the officer and nco clubs.  But for the most part, the greater number were loyal and devoted wives.  I am not saying I am a good person but I have never been tempted to stray during our almost 57 years marriage.  Thanks for opening up to us and I wish you all the best.

Bill

Hate derailing a subject but I agree, as a former Army officer, I was disgusted by how many of my fellow officer's cheated on their wifes when out of country in Korea and other places.  I was one of the few faithful husbands during my time in Korea but that didn't stop my (ex) wife from meeting and eventually marrying someone else.  My last boss even brought his pregnant girlfriend to the US and put her up in the same city he lived with his wife and kids. 

RVMomma, hang in there but do ask if he intends to date other women while you are away.  Most men are weak and put themselves in situations where they are tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom