Rockwood Or Creekview Travel Trailer for Dispersed Camping??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond G Ranch

Hey Everyone! Looking for some feedback from anyone that may have experience with the Forest River Rockwood or the Creekview line of Travel Trailers. I was looking at both in a travel trailer under 24' in length- I have a 7.3 powerstroke 4X4 so weight is not an issue- I usually camp in primitive dispersed camping areas on forest land or northern Arizona and New Mexico and am looking to upgrade my vintage travel trailer. Since I dry camp in the middle of nowhere I like having the ability of getting into places that many people wont go- so I like a TT that is made for that and sits higher- both the Rockwood and Creekview are built on off road chassis - the Rockwood has dual torsion axels and the Creekview advertises more of a 4X4 suspension with shocks on their axels- the Creekview carries 76 gallons of fresh water compared to the Rockwoods 53- and the Creekview is considered to be a 4 season TT and has better insulation than the Rockwood which is a 3 season TT(of course a little more expensive too). Since I boondock the ability to carry more water and be better insulated is appealing so I can be warmer and stay longer in higher elevations without having to find potable water- Although I camp in higher elevations in spring, simmer and fall where it could get cold at night, I do not camp in the dead of winter.

The Rockwood 2104s and the Creekview 21RBS are both very similar floorplans but I like the 3 season Rockwood version better because of the "Murphy Bed" that flips up with a couch underneath-

Although I like both products, I don't want to be foolish and make my choice based solely on the "Murphy Bed" floorplan alone so would appreciate anyone's input on their experience with either the Rockwood or Creekview product- best to talk to someone first hand that has these trailers.

Thanks so much!

I had a Rockwood TT and liked it very much.
However, for the style of camping your into I would look at Northwoods Mfg, and Outdoors RV for a TT.
They are true 4 season and built for more off road camping.
Happy shopping.

I think Diamond G may have meant Creekside rather than Creekview, and that's an Outdoors RV model.

Sounds to me as though you answered your own question: the Creekside is better suited to your needs.  The only question is whether the convenience of the Murphy bed outweighs the other advantages of the Creekside. Only you can answer that!

Koodog said:
I had a Rockwood TT and liked it very much.
However, for the style of camping your into I would look at Northwoods Mfg, and Outdoors RV for a TT.
They are true 4 season and built for more off road camping.
Happy shopping.

OK....I appreciate your input....Thanks!!

Gary RV_Wizard said:
I think Diamond G may have meant Creekside rather than Creekview, and that's an Outdoors RV model.

Sounds to me as though you answered your own question: the Creekside is better suited to your needs.  The only question is whether the convenience of the Murphy bed outweighs the other advantages of the Creekside. Only you can answer that!

You are correct....my mistake....I did mean Creekside.....I appreciate your input!!

Murphy beds often reduce or even eliminate the pass through storage. OutdoorsRV products were made for the style of camping you do. Very well made and will not fall apart on rough forest service roads.

keymastr said:
Murphy beds often reduce or even eliminate the pass through storage. OutdoorsRV products were made for the style of camping you do. Very well made and will not fall apart on rough forest service roads.

Yes.....this is what I wanted to hear....I know that this is the TONE of their advertising....but I wanted to get some input from people that can give me their objective opinion- thanks!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom