California

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Utclmjmpr

From the LA Times,, the state of California is now considered the largest insane asylum in the world.>>>D  ( This is factual, not political)

Edit: Typo in subject line.

Utclmjmpr said:
From the LA Times,, the state of California is now considered the largest insane asylum in the world.>>>D  ( This is factual, not political)

I'm not arguing.....But do you have a link to the story

While California may be the largest, a story I read says that Washington D.C. has the highest percentage of crazy.

Utclmjmpr said:

Without judging whether the assertion is correct, I can't find this in the LA Times. Please post a link to said LA Times article (not a link to the stuff on Facebook) or this tread should be removed.

As the (very) old saying goes "don't believe everything you read on the internet"  ;)

Tom said:
As the (very) old saying goes "don't believe everything you read on the internet"  ;)
I always go by the view ?The more a meme/website/story confirms your cognitive bias, the more you should check it out so you don?t look silly if it is fake.? This one took me less than 30 seconds.

Okay, ... I live here in La La Land.    Yes things here in California seem to get crazier every day.

I can see where someone from another state or country would possibly think that.

I see the looks on the faces of tourist as they walk around the Santa Monica / Venice beach area or along Hollywood boulevard.

You might think you were in a 3rd world country with massive amounts of homeless and crazy acting people living under blue tarps right there on the sidewalks.

Sorry.... but it's probably going to get a lot worse before it ever gets better.

Many most of my friends are moving out,  it's still a fun place to visit  .. but unless you live in a gated community... it's not a great place to live anymore. 
:-\

We've lived in California for almost 40 years, and I never fail to be amazed at the generalizations thrown out about the state. In addition to its size and geography, the population is quite diverse, as is the economy and the climate, and ....

I never fail to smile when we get visitors from the homeland who refuse to 'layer' clothes when we drive 80 miles from our CA home to San Francisco. Wearing their shorts and tees, they won't get out of the car when they realize it's 40 degrees cooler. Drive further north in the state, and they can be in ski country. But they always read that it's hot and sunny in California.

We get people here in Colorado with the same attitude, Tom. Twenty minutes from here it can be5?-10? cooler (sometimes more) and within 45 minutes of driving it can go from balmy to freezing -- mostly altitude, but sometimes weather fronts and other things too. When I lived in Albuquerque I saw some of the same.

I lived in SOCAL for 27 years and raised two kids,, the best days were getting out of there, and even then San Berdoo county kept after me for "made up " business taxes that were wrongly assest against me.>>>Dan

Tom said:
We've lived in California for almost 40 years, and I never fail to be amazed at the generalizations thrown out about the state. In addition to its size and geography, the population is quite diverse, as is the economy and the climate, and ....

I never fail to smile when we get visitors from the homeland who refuse to 'layer' clothes when we drive 80 miles from our CA home to San Francisco. Wearing their shorts and tees, they won't get out of the car when they realize it's 40 degrees cooler. Drive further north in the state, and they can be in ski country. But they always read that it's hot and sunny in California.

Living in the south...We are all assumed to be a bunch of inbred, racist, lazy rednecks.
I can assure everyone I am none of the above...Although My wife is trying to teach me how to be lazy.

Years ago cheap humor focused on ethnic jokes.  Now that that is considered politically incorrect, people with an underdeveloped sense of humor just substitute "California" and continue telling pretty much the same jokes.

Tom said:
We've lived in California for almost 40 years, and I never fail to be amazed at the generalizations thrown out about the state. In addition to its size and geography, the population is quite diverse, as is the economy and the climate.
I worked a lot in California, and I enjoy much of the state. Ok, I admit I don?t like traffic on the 405, but Boston is worse! We spend time in the state at least twice a year. Since California is the 5th biggest economy in the world, they are doing something right.

When I left Washington State for a job here in Silicon Valley my wife said that this would be a 5 year gig, tops.  Now she says she will only leave here feet first.  Frankly, CA is not for everyone.  There are pluses and minuses to every place I have lived, but I can say that CA has been fine for me.

JoelP said:
When I left Washington State for a job here in Silicon Valley my wife said that this would be a 5 year gig, tops.  Now she says she will only leave here feet first.  Frankly, CA is not for everyone.  There are pluses and minuses to every place I have lived, but I can say that CA has been fine for me.

Unfortunately a very large percentage of California's economy comes from 3 (tech) companies located in Silicon Valley.

If that ever changes it may be disastrous to the already shaky financial state.... of our state.

sightseers said:
Unfortunately a very large percentage of California's economy comes from 3 (tech) companies located in Silicon Valley.

If that ever changes it may be disastrous to the already shaky financial state.... of our state.

No doubt there are a few very large companies in Silicon Valley, but I think that this is an oversimplification of the Silicon Valley  and California economy.  Collectively there are many smaller companies that are a big part of our economy for California from North to south, plus a very large agricultural and entertainment economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom