Buying used-Higher end with more miles or less expensive when new with less mile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldryder

I've been shopping for most of a year.  Got a reasonably good understanding of what things sell for.  This forum has been a great help.

An RV with 50,000 or more miles, even a diesel, sells for a significant discount.  I  am a ware if I opt for higher miles I'll get less when selling or trading.
Real question in my mind is if the much lower price reflects a significant difference in likely reliability and repair issues.

Example:  2005 Pace Arrow with 62k asking $29K vs. 2006 Hurricane with 36K asking $32k.  both 2 slides.

The PAce Arrow has much nicer interior finish on a Workhorse chassis.  Even with the higher miles would seem to be the better value.

I welcome opinions and comments as I am still on a steep learing curve.

thx
mark in MN

62,000 is nothing on a 14 year old vehicle, it's just nicely broken in. Condition is far more important. Has it been well cared for and regularly maintained? Does the owner have records and receipts? Does everything work? Is it clean? If it has been parked for a long period it will likely need some room on the credit card to make it roadworthy and reliable.

Totally agree with Roy M. Modern engines will go well over 250,000 if they are not abused and get regular maintenance (especially regular oil changes).

Back
Top Bottom