ZeroxClub Backup Camera Reccomandation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate in FL

Hello all;

For Christmas I received a ZeroxClub 7" Pillow TET_LCD Color Monitor backup camera. It was purchased on Amazon and appears to be one of the more popular backup camera models with a 4 star rating. However, after opening the package this is clearly a "Chinese" manufactured product... meaning two poorly written lines of installation instructions, little to no model identification information and a yahoo.com customer service contact email only.

Before going through and installing this device I was hoping some of you may have experience with this item (both product quality and customer support) and could provide advice. I don't necessarily discriminate against Chinese made items, I mean hell most items come from there nowadays, but I do try to avoid the crappy built items with little or no customer service. Thanks!

PS - I plan to attach it to the rear of my 37' TT

Nate

I think you'll find this particular hardware is sold under dozens of different brands... it's pretty generic. Probably "ZeroXClub" is a guy with a connection to a factory in China and a logistics agreement with Amazon and that's about it. I have bought (and continue to buy!) a fair amount of electronics this way, and my opinions based on no firsthand knowledge would be:

1. Expect no support - the guy "selling" this stuff probably hasn't even seen it. But, don't let that put you off - It's just 12v and a ground... it doesn't get easier.
2. It could last forever or fail tomorrow. I bought *the cheapest* wireless backup camera I could for my RV and it's been working perfectly for five years. Considering we're talking about "a couple hundred bucks" versus "name brand" gear which starts at a grand, it's maybe not a bad tradeoff.
3. You might find some other reseller does a better job. Copy the picture off Amazon, upload it to google image search and find other places selling it, or other brands it's sold as. You may find a supportive community somewhere!

Thanks thesameguy. You make some good points. Upon doing my own research it appears that you are correct - nearly everything out there looks to be about the same from a variety of never-heard-of sellers. I'm probably going to wing it because one, it's already in my possession and two, I don't feel like spending $800 for a name brand model at this current time. By eh way, Tip #3 is a great idea! I may do that.

I got a backup system for my last coach from these guys:

https://www.tadibrothers.com/category/backup-camera-systems

I was happy with it.  If the system that's in my current coach ever dies, that's where I'll go for a replacement.

Nate in FL said:
Thanks thesameguy. You make some good points. Upon doing my own research it appears that you are correct - nearly everything out there looks to be about the same from a variety of never-heard-of sellers. I'm probably going to wing it because one, it's already in my possession and two, I don't feel like spending $800 for a name brand model at this current time. By eh way, Tip #3 is a great idea! I may do that.

I like your logic. I'm betting it'll be fine. *Probably* the guts that drive the version you got are materially similar to what you get in a name brand system. None of those guys are making LCDs or CCDs in Michigan. It all comes from China. Mostly what separates $200 system from $800 system is the $800 guys have $600 to spend on QC and support. :) I took my risk with a $30 camera (admittedly I already had a 23" LCD with an RCA jack up front) and I haven't run into anything yet, so.... :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom