Help! TV Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will say again an INside antenna is cheap and may work (If you are not metal skinned) till you can get something better.

But whatever you do up on the roof... Be sure to check the cables out.. Bad cable is suspect #1 2 and 3

One of the best things I have found to help with OTA TV is a phone app called "TV Towers."  It locates you on a map and shows all the TV Towers in the general vicinity. It helps you see which direction to "point" your bat wing to pick up the most channels. I have it on my iPhone; not sure whether it is available for Android.

Punomatic said:
One of the best things I have found to help with OTA TV is a phone app called "TV Towers."  It locates you on a map and shows all the TV Towers in the general vicinity. It helps you see which direction to "point" your bat wing to pick up the most channels. I have it on my iPhone; not sure whether it is available for Android.

It is available on android...I just installed it...And it works

I have used a couple of antenna pointer apps and currently use Winegard

Winegard's app has the following features
First screen  Sat or Antenna (I tap Antenna)
Then it downloads the list of towers from FCC web site and then I an tap the Augmented Reality either for the area or for a specific station.

Hold the screen in LANDSCAPE and straight up and down (Not tilted) and do a slow pirouette (Turn around)  and all the towers show up on the screen

OR scroll down to a specific station and touch the AR icon for that station and ONLY THAT TOWER shows up.

NICE.

DW has an Android and we found several. TV Towers USA says $1.99.
Which one are you using. We did find the Winegard one also.

mudshark said:
DW has an Android and we found several. TV Towers USA says $1.99.
Which one are you using. We did find the Winegard one also.
My APP is "TV Towers" and it's free.

OK, I tore the TV area apart and removed the VCR and assorted extra cables. I installed the Wingman and sent a good deal of time experimenting with various antenna directions. I found a sweet spot and now get the channels we have been looking for so all is well. However, the system won't work without the EZTV turned on.

Attached is a picture of the back side. I had taken it out and found that it is made by Zentech, Model DF-2000L. Google tells me it is a converter box that takes digital signal and turns it to analog for older TV's. Since we put in a flat screen it is moot. The question is "Can I disconnect it, join the two cables together and still get signal from the antenna?"

Attachments

• DSC05302.JPG
    DSC05302.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 14
mudshark said:
The question is "Can I disconnect it, join the two cables together and still get signal from the antenna?"
Yes...after running scan for channels on your digital TV.

Those "two cables" look like coax, antenna cables. So you shouldn't have to join them together if the one going to the antenna will reach the TV. Then you can eliminate the converter. Then, once the antenna is plugged in to the TV, run your TV channel scan.

mudshark said:
The question is "Can I disconnect it, join the two cables together and still get signal from the antenna?"

the answer is YES. in fact if your new TV is a Wide Screen modern (post 2006) model the recommendation is YES. do just that.
or if the cable to the 'EZTV" is long enough. run it direct to the New TV  But either way splice it OUT of the loop for it's not needed with the new TV.

I still use mine... but not if I want to watch "LIVE" (My DVR's are pre 2005 and don't do ATSC so they both need and control the converters).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom