Removing sliding glass shower door

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1stTimeRVer

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking of replacing the gold trimmed shower door and with a curtain. Couldn't find that anyone had posted about this, has it been done? Any drawbacks to doing so that you found/can think of? Thanks!

If you prefer a curtain over a slider, go for it.  As long as you remember to keep the lower edge of the curtain inside the shower enclosure, it should be ok.

Easy enough to do, just screws and silicone holding it in.  You can even use one of those curved rods to give more elbow room.  Personally, I wouldn't do it.  I like the doors, but mine are hinged not sliding.

We just removed the glass sliding doors and went to a curtain. Curved rod and gained a few inches of space when in the shower. Put the glass into the house and will reinstall when time comes to resell the rv.

Curious about those retractable ones in the long run.  I have seen them and they seem good, just not sure about durability, and when retracted bring water into the cassette.  Time will tell.

On our previous 29B Winnie we replaced the sliding shower door with an folding (about 1" pleats) & it sure made it easier to get in and out of the shower.  I found what we wanted at PPL motorhomes parts on line and they helped me get one that fit perfect. 

PancakeBill said:
Curious about those retractable ones in the long run.  I have seen them and they seem good, just not sure about durability, and when retracted bring water into the cassette.  Time will tell.

Our SHUB retractable screen has been in place a little over 3 years so far, with no problems. We do wipe down the inside with a small towel before we retract it though, just to make sure we don't have any mold issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom