Newbie energy projection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blues Driver

Attached is a spreadsheet of my guestimate for a 30' Winnie C. DW and me, we plan to use a genie am for approx. 1 hr. at breakfast time  but sparingly otherwise. That aside we would probably be considered liberal energy users. Guilty.
My initial WAG was  2 Solarworld 285w panels parallel, a Victron MPPT 150/35controller ,4 GC2 batteries in series , a Magnum CEW 2012N Series 2400/12.
The first version of the spreadsheet was far less but it grows every time I look at it. Seems like safety factors and inefficiency everywhere.
I know it has errors and omissions. I know just about enough to be dangerous.
Looking forward to hearing from you Gary, Kevin, Solarman and you other knowledgeable people. All help appreciated. I have questions but another post later.
Thanks, Pat

Attachments

• Projected usage.docx
    15.2 KB · Views: 9
You are off by a decimal point.  Drawing 12000 watts from the batteries means a lot more than 100 amps.    12,000 watts @ 12v = 1000 amps.
You probably cannot afford to run those heating appliances via inverter - they are huge power hogs.

Blues Driver said:
Attached is a spreadsheet of my guestimate for a 30' Winnie C. DW and me, we plan to use a genie am for approx. 1 hr. at breakfast time  but sparingly otherwise. That aside we would probably be considered liberal energy users. Guilty.
My initial WAG was  2 Solarworld 285w panels parallel, a Victron MPPT 150/35controller ,4 GC2 batteries in series , a Magnum CEW 2012N Series 2400/12.
The first version of the spreadsheet was far less but it grows every time I look at it. Seems like safety factors and inefficiency everywhere.
I know it has errors and omissions. I know just about enough to be dangerous.
Looking forward to hearing from you Gary, Kevin, Solarman and you other knowledgeable people. All help appreciated. I have questions but another post later.
Thanks, Pat

hmm.. well kudos for building a spreadsheet for the usage.. !

firstly, the total estimate for AC appliances = ( 9170 * 1.1 ) = 10087 W/hrs
DC loads are 1663 w/hrs so total is 10087 + 1663 = 11750 w/hrs.

with 2S2P GC2's you have approx 12 V @ 400 A/hr = 4800 w/hrs total battery capacity and your daily need is 11750 w/hrs
do you see a problem here ? LOL

for heating, use propane.. it's much more efficient. using solar is not going to happen..

your figures are way off.. as a ballpark figure, just for your DC loads, you will need at least
800 watts of panels and a minimum of 500 A/h of battery at 12 V
adding your heating requirements is not viable, period.

please take a look at my post and re-evaluate your needs..

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,113514.0.html

pm me if there is something you don't understand.

Back
Top Bottom