Old tired furniture in Orlando,FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliver quibble

2006 Monaco Monarch SE 30' gas

Working with a budget.

Our captain chairs are cloth fabric and so is the dinette seating area: all  items need to be upgraded by replacement or be reupholstered.

We like the cloth fabrics and prefer it to leather or leather-like fabrics .

I have my search for local (Orlando) upholsters and fabrics that will match the existing d?cor. I also thought maybe I could find used furniture or junk yard for wrecked RVs and find items to replace my chairs and dinette.

I am not having success.

If I wasn't looking closely at the cost, then I would just order new Flexsteel chairs, replace the dinette with chairs and a table.

Looking for suggestions or answers by someone who found themselves where I am: the Monarch's engine and appliances and  the "house" are great, but the furniture is looking old------and have I a limited amount of funds.

I am staying in Orlando, FL until March, so I have the time to research and then my put decisions into action.

Do people now this area or can share their thoughts?

Are there fellow Monaco owners that have suggestions or better yet answers?

Thanks,
Oliver

It doesnt necessarily have to be RV specific for it to work.  I have a couch I got at IKEA. It just fit right into space. Check facebook marketplace for your area. I just looked and they have tons of tables.

On another thought there are a few shops in Florida that specialize in modernizing the interior of mostly high end RV's, you might check with some of them about buying used pull out "dated" looking furniture that is otherwise in good condition.  Classic Coach Works is an example of such an RV renovator, I know little about them other than knowing someone that was going to have their coach spend a couple of months there being renovated this year.

We have an England brand residential sleeper sofa, and two Lazy Boys in our fifth wheel. Both are a lot more comfortable than any RV furniture I've experienced and a lot less expensive.

Since you like cloth fabric rather than vinyl or faux leather, re-upholstering is your best bet (but still not cheap).  The best approach is to remove the chairs/sofa yourself and take to am upholstery shop, since most won't deal with the actual remove & re-install. They may have a pick-up & delivery service, though.  Try Googling 'upholstery shop orlando' for some sources, or maybe this list from Yelp:

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=reupholstery&find_loc=Orlando%2C+FL
https://floridaupholstery.com/

If you don't want to tackle the R&R yourself, a local handyman can probably do it. Rv furniture is pretty simple and there is nothing magical about how it is installed - mostly just screws into the floor.  The sofa usually disassembles enough to get it out the door.  The front bucket seats are a bit more complex with nuts & bolts, but still fairly simple.

I stumbled across this outfit but have no experience or reports on them. Maybe worthwhile to call and learn more:
https://www.wecanfixthat.com/services/rv-repair/

Because of budget constraints I am certain reupholstering will be very expensive. Garage sales or flea markets may get you some good quality inexpensive furniture to fit.

Some vans have  pretty nice captain chairs, might find some nice ones in a car junk yard, craigslist or facebook marketplace  ....may have to either buy a pedestal or make an adapter to bolt to the one you have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom