Digital TV antenna issuse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samthetramp

Hey I have a Winegard Rayzar Z-1 HD digital TV antenna factory installed in my 5ver and more often that not the reception sucks. There is no aiming of it as it is a fixed unit. Is this a top of the line model of are there better ones out there? The stations I'm picking up are roughly 44-50 miles away from me as the crow flies currently.

Sam,
If it is the Rayzar Z1 model, then it is tunable, i.e. can be rotated for improved reception. Some Rayzar models are omni-directional and not able to rotate, but the Z1 can be turned to point in the direction of the predominant signals.
However, I think your basic problem is simply that the stations are distant.  44-50 miles is a hefty distance for most tv stations in anything but very flat terrain.  Especially if the broadcast station is somewhat low power or its antenna not so tall as others. Plus your receiving antenna height is relatively low (11-13 ft?) and likely obstructed a bit by nearby rigs, trees, and maybe even your own rooftop equipment.

Rayzar Z1 operating instructions:  http://www.winegard.com/help/images/2/2c/2452370.pdf

Back
Top Bottom