Possible carpentry workcamping opportunity in Arkansas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soul_man_jake

I have recently purchased property on Bull Shoals lake in Arkansas ? just a bit north of Yelleville about 3.5 miles off of the pavement. 

I have 9 acres with a double wide and a single wide trailer currently on it. Both units have beautiful views of the lake.  Since the single wide is in rough shape and a bit of an eyesore, I am having it removed from the property.  I do not currently reside on this property.  I have purchased it for long-term investment and possible retirement.  I hope that family and friends can use it in the next few years while I live and work overseas.  The homes are about 150 feet over the water, but one can walk down through corps property to get to the shoreline. 

I was planning on removing the electrical meter and water hookup to the single wide, but I then found out that it might be too expensive to redo the wiring on the property to connect to the meter to the other house.  Plus, the two homes share the same water pump on the meter to the single-wide. 

What I am considering is keeping the electrical, water, and sewer for the single wide where they are and doing some modifications to allow for an RV parking spot in this area ? that overlooks the lake. 

I am asking for advice on what things should be considered from an RVers point of view to make the place pleasant and comfortable to stay in. 

What I hope to get out of pursuing this is:
- perhaps some regular presence of ?decent people? to have an eye on the property and get along well with the neighbors ? who are also rather nice people.
- The regular use of the water pump and utilities for the two homes.
- Assistance with costs for loan and utilities/cable/internet on the property ? from rental fees collected.
- Possible assistance with manual labor and improvements to the house and property for discounted RV spot rental rate.

Things that a possible renter could enjoy:
- a quiet private rental hookup.
- walking access to the lakeshore directly from property through corps shoreline. 
- use of a 1.5 car garage near the RV spot.
- Availability of short-term rental of 3br 2bath house on same property (for family get togethers)
- Possible elevated 12x12 screened-in, covered porch.
- Possible access to private boat dock on adjoining property. (for additional fee)

If anyone might be interested in discussing an agreement to go down to the property sometime to help with on site with modifications to bring things in order and/or if you have carpentry skills and could build a deck and covered patio in exchange for (reduced/waived) rental for the spot and hookup - please let me know.

I am not an RVer (although my family did rent one for a trip out West when I was a kid ? good times).  I am just posting on this particular matter to get advice.  I appreciate your patience and understanding if this gets posted in the wrong forum or place on the website. 

Many thanks. 

- Jake

Our son was a carpenter/welder/locksmith in the Air Force. He is currently converting a box truck into an RV. He hopes to be completed by 10 January. He is at our house everyday working on his camper. I can ask him if he is interested.

OLdgator73,

I received your message, but I can't seem to figure out how to respond on the platform for this website.  Can you send me an email?  I believe my profile is set up to receive emails from members of the forum.  Thanks. 

Soul_man_jake said:
OLdgator73,

I received your message, but I can't seem to figure out how to respond on the platform for this website.  Can you send me an email?  I believe my profile is set up to receive emails from members of the forum.  Thanks.

I sent you an email.

Back
Top Bottom