What brand of grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samthetramp

Hey I'm a full timer that travels for work and I've been thru several gas grills over the years. I'm looking to find one that is rugged, portable and has a decent size cooking surface. I've used steel and stainless steel grills and both last about 2 years at best. I prefer to have one that's not large like you would have at your house for transportability reasons.

So what are y'all using?

Q here also. We also looked at the Coleman Roadmate. I can't remember what we didn't like about it, but I remember that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

I use a Weber Q200, but never go anywhere without our Blackstone also.

Wendy said:
Weber Q, great grill, great company.

At home, I use a Char-Broil grill. I am a big fan of their TRU-Infrared designs. there are never any flare ups, and since the flame is never directed toward the food, there is less drying out, and everything stays a lot juicier. I would love to use their portable version, but it is just too tall to fit into my outside storage compartments.
https://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-Grill2Go-Portable-TRU-Infrared-Propane/dp/B00BFPMLI8/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_86_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=995707BQY1ZADD45YWHK

Joel

I use a Coleman Model 9949A because it folds up, has it's own wheels to be moved around and stands on its own. Does not have to be on a table.  I put aluminum foil under the grill and around the burners. Keeps the grease from dripping on the base and a lot easier to clean. Camping world has them, but should be able to buy cheaper on-line

I use a Traeger tailgater pellet grill, but that may not be for everyone. I have a full size Traeger at home and we love it, so why not?

I have the Charbroil grill 2 go and my only complaint is can't close lid for long or it gets too hot even on lowest setting.
This looks interesting:

https://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Hollow-VT280SS1-3-Burner-Tabletop/dp/B00FJ2SOBG

For camping I have 2 Cadac's - one large one on legs (Carri Chef 2) - the other a table top model (Safari Chef 2)

Also have a Green Mountain Davie Crockett (runs from batteries) for smoking and to act as an outdoor oven.  His big brother Daniel Boone is at home :)

-Chak

I have a Weber Q and a Cadac Safari Chef 2. The Cadac travels with me as it is much lighter, more versatile, easier to clean and takes up so little room. Does an excellent job too.

Dvan said:
I use a Traeger tailgater pellet grill, but that may not be for everyone. I have a full size Traeger at home and we love it, so why not?

Absolutely! Nothing finer.

grooving grandpa said:
I use a Coleman Model 9949A because it folds up, has it's own wheels to be moved around and stands on its own. Does not have to be on a table.  I put aluminum foil under the grill and around the burners. Keeps the grease from dripping on the base and a lot easier to clean. Camping world has them, but should be able to buy cheaper on-line

I also have the Coleman Road Trip grille and it's a good one.  My DW picked it up for a song at a yard sale, but I had to replace the regulator. 
I'm another who likes to move the grill around, and I don't carry a table with me.  If I didn't have a grill on wheels where I'm at now, I'd be grilling on the ground.

I also use the Webber but  use the electric model. We're always connected to shore power so why use the propane.

I'm probably gonna go with a Weber. A good friend also told me they're great grills. I'll be doing little if any meat smoking so don't need that and what grilling I do is meat and sometimes veggies.

Thanks for all of the input.

Sam.

More for the Traeger, we have the Pit To Go, also called tailgater I think.. Works great, and it even came with an inverter if you are boondocks, very low draw on the battery. 

Back
Top Bottom