What brand of grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Q here, too!  I have a Webber at home.  It is 6 years old (I think) and the electric igniter still works!  Original burner and excellent condition grill as well.

The Q comes in gas and electric, with and without electric igniter (gas models), and comes in MANY colors!

Weber 51080001 Q1200 is my favourite because occupies less space, takes less maintenance and looks nice. Cuisinart tabletop grill is also good.

Don't know how many people you're going to be cooking for, but we have a Weber Q 1200 that is large enough for two large steaks or four burgers and dogs. If you want to get the larger model, it's the 2200. Only difference between the 1000 and 1200 is the latter has a thermometer. Same with the 2000 and 2200. Mine is large enough for the two of us and small enough to fit easily in the basement of the coach. It can be used with the green bottles or you can buy an adapter and hook it up to a 20 lb bottle. I just installed an Extend a Stay on my coach so I can hook it up to the coach propane and not worry about the bottles.

samthetramp said:
Hey I'm a full timer that travels for work and I've been thru several gas grills over the years. I'm looking to find one that is rugged, portable and has a decent size cooking surface. I've used steel and stainless steel grills and both last about 2 years at best. I prefer to have one that's not large like you would have at your house for transportability reasons.

So what are y'all using?

My space is limited for my class C on what I can carry for a gas grill and I am an avid smoker at home.  My criteria it had to be small enough to get into a compartment and also have smoking capability.  I found a "Smoke Hollow" table top grill/smoker which fits by a 1/4" thru a compartment door.  Have had it goin on 3 years now and use it alot when we travel.  I use the regular grill function 75% of the time and the smoking the rest.  I have smoked shark, grouper, salmon, chicken, pork all with as near great results as my smoker at home.  I haven't  tried ribs yet.

I don't think I spent more than $129 on it

True - my GMG Davy Crockett takes up quite a bit of space.  I've also been know to use an A-MAZE-N-TUBE to get some smokey goodness from a gas grill - - also great for cold smoking!

-Chak

Sams Club has a $99 stainless steel portable grill.  Gets very hot and very sturdy.  I love it to much that I use it at home instead of a much larger one.

Another good grill is an Olympia 5000 RV grill by Camco.  Gets very hot, great for RV use and I also own one.

Over the last decade I've been through more grills than I can count.  Everything from propane to just a fire grate for cooking over an open fire.  Two and a half years ago I discovered pellet grills, Green Mountain Grills in particular.  I pack around a Green Mountain Davie Crockett for the rig that has a 200 sq. in. cooking surface, runs on either 120v or 12v and can cook just about anything your little heart desires even though your cardiologist may not agree.  It's compact but fair warning it does weigh 65 pounds so having an extra hand to get the little beastie out of the truck is handy.

Hi, I have used many gas grills also but the one that I can recommend is Char-Broil standard gas grill. I have been using it for three years now and still working great.

We've made the switch to a Blackstone Griddle.  We just find it to be more versatile than a grill.

Back
Top Bottom