Bedroom TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shopinful

We just bought our RV and it has a larger TV in the main area that works on 110 and 12V.  I would like to get one for the bedroom as well that works with both since the other does so well but it needs to be a lot smaller like 19-22 inch.  Does anyone have a suggestion on what brands offers this in a smaller TV?

Just Google or Amazon search "12v TV"

Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Jensen-JTV19DC-Integrated-Function-Wireless/dp/B06X3VH4VK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1546267151&sr=8-6&keywords=12+volt+tv+for+rv

Or use any 120v TV and a small inverter. This opens up your choice of tv's.

We used a 75 watt inverter to run a 22" smart tv and a Dish Wireless Joey with no problems.

Tom

Heli_av8tor said:
Or use any 120v TV and a small inverter. This opens up your choice of tv's.

We used a 75 watt inverter to run a 22" smart tv and a Dish Wireless Joey with no problems.

Tom

Tom, thanks for the advice but you are going to need to dummy this down for me since anything mechanical (which I call this) is like french to me.  The RV already has an antenna which is run to both the standing TV and to the bedroom.  So is this what you mean I need to get
https://smile.amazon.com/BESTEK-Power-Inverter-110V-Converter/dp/B003Q54V88/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546287587&sr=8-3&keywords=75+watt+inverter

Thanks

Because this is your first RV and you will have a lot to learn initially I recommend holding off on making big changes until you learn more about what you need based on what comes with your RV such as an inverter or converter.  If you don't know what those items are you should learn about them before making electronics changes.

ArdraF

Do you watch TV n bed at home?  We used to, and in last motorhome had a 20" flat screen, but the last couple years we hardly ever turned it on.  The current motorhome had a 12v small CRT style TV on a swing out shelf.  I pulled it, removed the shelf, filled in the 'frame' and hung a picture there, It is still hinged and closes up a great storage area.  We decided to forego the TV entirely in the bedroom. 

In my "House" both TV's are on the same circuit breaker. And that is fed by an inverter/charger. So if I have shore power they work
IF I'm boondocking.... they work.

PancakeBill said:
Do you watch TV n bed at home?

I gotta agree. Unless you need a TV to get to sleep, don't bother. Too many other things to enjoy instead of watching TV in the bedroom. We've been boondocking for 25 years without one. You really don't need it. Spend your energy outside.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom