Related to Aqua Hot question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

Odd thing this morning, and it was the first time.

Chilly morning, but not the coldest we have been in.  While showering, the water went suddenly very hot then a cold blast and then back to selected temp.  What could cause this?  It was not below freezing overnight, so, we can take an ice chunk out of equation.  Electric and gas turned onto water heater.  Normal flow of water.  It was as though the water was turned on quickly from another faucet and turned off.  We just spent a month in below freezing weather and this never happened.  It was about 38 this morning and it happened.

Any ideas, theories?

Lead my wife to ask if we could get AquaHot,  may look into one of the instant hot water systems though.

I don't know what the cause might be, Bill, though I'd suspect another faucet running and/or suddenly shut off, though you've probably already eliminated that one, but...

Lead my wife to ask if we could get AquaHot,

As you probably know, you would likely have to get a coach with Aqua Hot already built in.

may look into one of the instant hot water systems though.

You've probably already looked into people's reports of those -- they didn't look very encouraging to me, especially the ones about lack of temperature stability.

I watched a youTube of install, looked pretty straightforward.  It was gas only though, but it had a controller where you could set the temp up or down on a screen.  That was pretty nice. 

There were no faucets open, including the outside.  First time this happened, it is a puzzler.

Wondering if "anyone" flushed a toilet while  you were in shower.  Our water pressure in  bathroom changes when  toilet is flushed.  OR how about maybe  the ice maker was being filled with  water for a  brief moment?

I just hate those little  mysteries.

Pancake Bill... Was that video perhaps for a gas fired tankless heater?  Not the same thing at all!  An Aquahot system is rather more sophisticated and complex.  Besides a burner (diesel or propane) and electric assist and a water tank, there are hot water lines to powered heating outlets and often under-floor heating to install. Adding an Aquahot system pretty much requires tearing into the floors and walls.

http://www.aquahot.com/products/rv.aspx

No other water use during shower, we are careful about that, and while Jolene showered I know I didn't.  Ice maker disconnected.  One thing that was different was having gas turned on, maybe some air in that line.

Yes I understand about the complexity of the aqua hot, but thought maybe someone had tried it.  Her tankless, yes, quite different.  We have an Atwood 10 gal now, it has been pretty good.  Just considering an alternative.

Yes the video was for a tankless.  I was also wondering about whether these came as electric as another source. 

I like the tankless idea, but current one has been working just fine.  Something to think about.

Maybe a momentary problem with the hot-side check valve at the back of the HW tank?  I know I changed it (twice actually), the last time being when I pulled out the tank and Motoraid to finally make the electric stat work.

Dougie.

That might have been it,, but much ado etc, has not happened again.  It was freezing temps, thought maybe somewhere in the line, might have had small ice blockage that moved?  Check valve might be closer to the truth though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom