Drive up I 95 - FL into GA New Year's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ELeland

I drove my Explorer up 95 yesterday from Jupiter to I 16 west in Savanna.  MANY RV's headed south, mostly 5r's and Class A's.  Too many to count.  I have a feeling finding a vacancy at an RV park right now might be tough in Florida based on my observations.

One thing I saw raised my eyebrows a little.  Around Vero Beach at dawn I glanced over to the southbound lane and saw a what looked like a 40' MH barreling along with his satellite dish fully extended.  Sort of looked like a TV truck headed down the highway.  Sure hope he got to where he was going without cleaning it off his roof.  I would think the stress from the wind would raise heck with the roof structure as well.  Is that the new definition of "in motion satellite"?

A lot of snowbirds don't leave home until after Christmas, so it's not surprising that the roads were a bit "RV heavy". We won't be leaving our upstate NY RV pad for another week so we can take care of a couple of new year appointments before we go. All of our reservations were made months ago though, except the en route one-nighters.

Back
Top Bottom