Replace my AE electric awning with a Carefree electric?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill and Debbie

After spending over $800 for new acrylic fabric and $625 for a new motor, my Dometic A&E Awning control brain appears to be out and in need of replacement. I can probably find a new control box for $400 or so and install it my self OR for $700 replace the existing 8 year old AE with a new Carefree electric awning...either steep model or adjustable pitch model. With a two year warranty.

The will use the 20' acrylic fabric which was installed early 2018. Any suggestions. Either way, I will have a significant amount of $$ into my awning system. Wish I would have just installed a new manual in the spring which I probably could have done for under $1,000

Appreciate any thoughts.

If I remember correctly,, the Carefree model is made by A&E.>>>Dan ( I have the Carefree manual operated model).>>>D

Carefree is an independent corporation and a major competitor in the awning business.  Seems highly unlikely they would source any product from Dometic (A&E), but anything is possible I guess. I know the Eclipse design is theirs, but I'll grant that the Latitude looks a lot like an A&E.

Back
Top Bottom