6-Point Hydraulic Level System (5th Wheel) Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gizmo

We are getting ready to purchase a 5th wheel with a 6-point hydraulic leveling system.  We have never had or operated one before, but have leveled TT's (manually) before.  My question is, I am assuming since it is a "leveling" system, we will not need leveling blocks under the wheels to level, is this correct? 

If you are "way off" then yes you will need to "help" it somewhat by trying to get it fairly level first before unhitching. On mine I have had to resort to manual to get her level, but the vast majority of times as long as I got it fairly close it took care of itself.

I?ve got the six point hyd level up system on my 2014.  Never had to put blocks under the tires anywhere we have gone..

However...you will want to put blocks under the pads for each hyd level leg to shorten the amount of extension the hydraulic piston leg extends..

This will give you a much more stable platform

We have the 6 point system on our fifth but have still had to use our lego type blocks under the wheels occasionally when the site was particularly off side to side. We don?t like for the wheels to be off the ground and occasionally the lifts will bring one side up that high to get the RV level. So we bring it down and put the wheels on the low side on blocks then level again.

We also use the blocks at times when the jacks look like they will be extended quite a bit to put under the jacks so they don?t come down as far.

Vicki

cvsteed said:
I've got the six point hyd level up system on my 2014.  Never had to put blocks under the tires anywhere we have gone..

However...you will want to put blocks under the pads for each hyd level leg to shorten the amount of extension the hydraulic piston leg extends..

This will give you a much more stable platform
Agreed it takes care of itself, i put a block of 2  2x4" under each foot no problems - im looking at new units right now and my new unit must have the hydraulic jacks too. just push the Auto Level button is awesome take 2 minutes to set up my 5er

You should start pretty level.  I hate it when my leveling legs lift the wheels off the ground.  I have seen card table legs fold up, and I can picture the trailer doing the same thing.

I use the Andersen red leveling blocks.  It really make the trailer stable and keeps the legs shorter.

There is a sequence that the trailer must go through.  It goes nose down first, then nose up, then level.  If the trailer cannot get nose down far enough, it will error out.  If you have too many blocks in the front, or are on a nose-high slope, it may do that.

Senator said:
You should start pretty level.  I hate it when my leveling legs lift the wheels off the ground.  I have seen card table legs fold up, and I can picture the trailer doing the same thing.

I use the Andersen red leveling blocks.  It really make the trailer stable and keeps the legs shorter.

There is a sequence that the trailer must go through.  It goes nose down first, then nose up, then level.  If the trailer cannot get nose down far enough, it will error out.  If you have too many blocks in the front, or are on a nose-high slope, it may do that.

We just ordered those to have when we pick up our 5er in 3-weeks.  They look like, though pricey, a worthwhile expense for us and we have had excellent results from some of their other products.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom