Atwood water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rayo

I had a huge flood on my property, water heater and furnace were underwater, now neither are working. Trying to repair hot water first, doesn't seem to be any power getting to it, and can't find a fuse in the panel for it, is there a fuse somewhere else?

Water heater should have both a fuse for the 12 volt side and a circuit breaker for the 110 volt. I'm assuming you have power to the RV. Also did the water get into the power center/Converter.

I would think that with water high enough to flood the furnace and water heater, that they would be low on my priority list. The flooring and lower walls would be my top concern. When it flooded, was it insured? Did you call your agent?

The water heater only has 12 volt. Everything thing else is working except furnace, battery charger is working, all circuits seem fine.

I don't know what you have checked for sure, but have you turned on the switch on the inside control panel? If it's a Suburban, how about the switch on the lower left on the outside? Have you checked for 120 volts in the junction box where the power feeds to the water heater? If flooded, the outside switch may have corroded. Do you have a manual for the water heater? If not please post the make and model. Someone here will point you in the right direction to get one.

For the furnace, click on the"library" tab above and find the write up by Gary on troubleshooting furnaces. It's pretty straight forward.  Do you have a manual for the furnace? If not, same as above.

Just reread the topic title, Atwood. No outside switch.

Rayo said:
The water heater only has 12 volt. Everything thing else is working except furnace, battery charger is working, all circuits seem fine.

If you have 12 volts at the water heater you should be able to run it on Gas..Assuming the board didn't get damaged. What happens when you try to run it on gas? Does the igniter try to light the gas? Is it releasing gas?

Did the water get into the water heater?

You could also disconnect each wire and make sure the connections are clean and making good contact.

OP said this was gas only heater.  IF you get 12V to the WH (Water Heater), then check and clean all connections to the circuit board.  If the board got wet, it may well be toasted.
If it is trying to light (clicking of igniter), but not lighting, clean the gas orifice.  If it lights, but will not stay lit, clean and align thermocouple.

grashley said:
OP said this was gas only heater.  IF you get 12V to the WH (Water Heater), then check and clean all connections to the circuit board.  If the board got wet, it may well be toasted.
If it is trying to light (clicking of igniter), but not lighting, clean the gas orifice.  If it lights, but will not stay lit, clean and align thermocouple.

I didn't see anything about Gas only.....But everything you said :))

Reply # 3.

Rayo said:

I took this as no 120V heater.

Let's find out the year of the camper before we go too far.  Some early ones had pilots and didn't require DC to run. 

grashley said:
Reply # 3.
I took this as no 120V heater.

I took it as the 120 volts wasn't working....But you may be correct.

Chakara said:
Let's find out the year of the camper before we go too far.  Some early ones had pilots and didn't require DC to run. 

I would think if 12 volts is present at the WH, then good chance it has an igniter.

But we may be trying to fix something that Rayo has already fixed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom