Good Sam Road Service - Happy with it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Larry,
I created a new Topic for your question so the responses will stand on their own instead of mixing with the other Topic.

Welcome to the RV forum!

I only attempted to use it once and the response was good as far as it went.  I managed to solve the problem myself before the road tech arrived so I never got beyond the notification stage.  But for the past 3 years I have been using Coach Net and I do mean using it.  If you ever change, give Coach Net a look.

Bill

Here's a link to the roadside assistance section of good Sam's forum:

https://forums.goodsamclub.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/91.cfm

Looking through there may help you make a decision.

I'll second Bill's suggestion of Coach Net -- they've been super. I don't have any experience with Good Sam's, but there seem to be some folks happy with it.

Years ago I had a break down 100 miles north of Albuquerque NM and they sent two tow trucks one for the Van and one for the Trailer. Towed them both to Albuquerque and brought the Van to the repair shop and the trailer to an RV park. Bad fuel pump.... I don't know if they are still the best but I sure felt like it that day!

Truck had electrical problem on Ocracoke island, good Sam paid nearly $700 to tow to the mainland, via ferry.

Several years ago, when I had a 25 year old Foretravel, we had a breakdown in Raton, NM on the Saturday of a 4th of July weekend. Good Sam had a wrecker tow us to a local KOA. On Tuesday, when businesses were open, the wrecker towed us to a repair shop. The following yearwe had another breakdown, in Whitney, TX. Good Sam had us towed to a repair shop in Denton, TX. That's about 150 miles, if I remember correctly.

I only changed to Coach-Net when it came with another motor home I bought. No problems with them either.

Thank you for feedback.  I've had AAA with RV add-on for many years but have had the good fortune to never need it for RV.  A  few times I had a flat but I just changed it myself and moved on.  Anyway, with our new RV we were given a year of Good Sam road assist for free and was wondering which to renew with when it's time. But with the feedback, I guess we will have to include coach net in the decision process.  It's great to have good choices
Larry

japdip2 said:
Thank you for feedback.  I've had AAA with RV add-on for many years but have had the good fortune to never need it for RV.  A  few times I had a flat but I just changed it myself and moved on.  Anyway, with our new RV we were given a year of Good Sam road assist for free and was wondering which to renew with when it's time. But with the feedback, I guess we will have to include coach net in the decision process.  It's great to have good choices
Larry

You are lucky with AAA, being a group of independent clubs not all offer RV roadside assistance and therefore have no great database of RV service provider. Yes you will get service but it may be substandard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriRv
Back
Top Bottom