Looking for Diesel mechanic recommendations near Portland or Salem Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelazyl

Are there any DP owners on this forum who live near the Portland or Salem Oregon areas?  If so do you have a diesel mechanic you can recommend?  I just learned that my current mechanic in Oregon City cannot diagnose a ?check engine? light on our 2003 Fleetwood Bounder 37U. 

We live 30 minutes south of Portland and 30 north of Salem.

I experienced a ?check engine? followed by a ?shut down engine? within 5 minutes of a 20 minute drive.  I shut down and then re-started with no issues ? no return of either warning light.  We are leaving on a trip this Weds and need to know how concerned I should be.

Got your message, I don't know what the issue is but I can't reply to PM's so I'll post this in the clear.

I worked for a truck fleet and these are the contacts that I have. All are mobile mechanics and I do not know if they can help but it is worth the try.

Fleet Specialties,  Tommy, 503.803.4173  IIRC their base is in Aurora area
Truck Source, Brandon, 971.263.2104
S & P, Doug, 360.518.1482

RRR said:
Got your message, I don't know what the issue is but I can't reply to PM's so I'll post this in the clear.

You have to have 5 posts to be able to PM. At least I think it's 5.

S T truck repair in clackamas  503-656-4151
they have bailed me out more than once,excellent mechanics easy to work with

Thanks all - I will look into this for my future maintenance.

The place I picked last time is called "Sawyers" and is right next to the Les Schwuab in Molalla off Hwy213.  The place looks like a tornado zone from the highway - but I was impressed with their service and prices.  They specialize in logging trucks.  What I don't know yet is if they will take me on for ongoing maintenance or if the last time was because I was in a pickle.

When I needed service in Hillsboro, I was referred to Doyle Truck Repair - Commercial Truck Repair - 160 W Main St Ext ... 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/doyle-truck-repair-hillsboro-2
Edit. 160 W Main St Ext Ste 100. Hillsboro, OR 97123. Get Directions. Phone number (503) 648-1146. Send to your Phone. Add Photos ?

I wound up not using them as I sold the MH but I did have them respond to an accident and the tow driver was very good and the other support that came from the shop was very good.  There is also Hillsboro truck and Diesel on TW highway and they service the local fire trucks and several other local companies.  Doyle's is easier to schedule because of the larger shop and was highly recommended by the owner at Hillsboro Truck repair.

Back
Top Bottom