Towing with Trend/Viva

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwilky

Curious if their are any folks out there who are doing this.  I was hoping to flat tow a Fiat 500 with my 2014 Itasca Viva, and before buying the setup wanted to find out how well the Viva tows, with it's 2000 lb capacity.

Verify flat tow capability with manufacturer for specific model, options and year. Models can change from year to year and may be limited in speed or total miles. Don't exceed RV's GCVR.

We have a 17 Fiat 500C and it is around 2300 lbs curb weight.  It is a manual transmission, can be towed 4 wheels down without the key in or on.  But, if it were me, I would not tow it with a 2014 Viva that has a 2000 lb limit.  And don't forget your tongue weight is only 200 lbs of which a high/low adapter counts against the weight.

A Smart Car would be under the limit at around 1800 lbs.  Someone in our local club has a Trend and they tow a Wrangler - way over the limit and he wonders why his Trend wanders from left to right; and accident waiting to happen.  I always try to stay well under any towing weight limit. 

JakeR said:
... Someone in our local club has a Trend and they tow a Wrangler - way over the limit and he wonders why his Trend wanders from left to right; and accident waiting to happen.  I always try to stay well under any towing weight limit.
If the fellow with that Trend gets in an accident towing way over his GCWR, he is automatically a target for negligence.

Back
Top Bottom