Funny Magic Chef RV microwave fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wmtired

Last month my microwave failed to work as designed.  Everything but the start button function.  I could program power setting and time but nothing happened when I pressed the start button.  I disconnected power to it to "reset it" but that didn't happen.

I removed the microwave to measure available space for an upgrade convention microwave oven.  With microwave out of its space, I dropped it about 2 inches on the carpet, plugged it in and VIOLA, worked as designed!

Its been a month and my microwave still works perfectly.  Don't know what I jarred but whatever it was fixed my problem.  A little bummed out as I would really like a convection microwave but that is an upgrade for the future as funds are tight to save up for family member's upcoming open heart surgery.  Hope that Magic Chef does't make the heart lung bypass machine she will be on during the procedure ;-)

wmtired said:
Last month my microwave failed to work as designed.  Everything but the start button function.  I could program power setting and time but nothing happened when I pressed the start button.  I disconnected power to it to "reset it" but that didn't happen.

I removed the microwave to measure available space for an upgrade convention microwave oven.  With microwave out of its space, I dropped it about 2 inches on the carpet, plugged it in and VIOLA, worked as designed!

Its been a month and my microwave still works perfectly.  Don't know what I jarred but whatever it was fixed my problem.  A little bummed out as I would really like a convection microwave but that is an upgrade for the future as funds are tight to save up for family member's upcoming open heart surgery.  Hope that Magic Chef does't make the heart lung bypass machine she will be on during the procedure ;-)

Best of luck with the surgery...I'm pretty sure Magic Chef doesn't make bypass machines..But just in case have the nurse unplug the pump to reset everything and check the voltage at the outlet..

Making notes on Magic Chef on site repairs....I've got the 2 inch drop but I'n unclear on the type of carpet ;D

Glad you got it working

Had open heart quadruple bypass surgery four years ago. Best thing I've ever done. Much more energy now and no chest pain. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

You better hope Sharp didn't build the bypass machine either. My Sharp microwave had the infamous ru 59 seconds and stop problem.  Fixed it but I discovered it's pretty heavy and I guess yours was too.

It has to be a magic carpet to fix the Magic Chef.  Thanks for the wishes on family member's upcoming surgery.  As long as Microsoft doesn't make the operating system on the bypass machine, she should be ok.

Given that newer Windows versions seem to be more stable, the thought of anything critical being powered by a microsoft OS scares me

Gizmo100 said:
Making notes on Magic Chef on site repairs....I've got the 2 inch drop but I'n unclear on the type of carpet ;D

You may also need a certain color.  :( :eek: ??? ::) :-[ :-\ ;D

Yes, dirty beige carpet is the best color to drop a microwave on.  Love the fact that folks can banter silly stuff on the forums without moderators getting all uptight.  Got banned from another forum for starting a thread about changing winter air in tires with summer air each season and giving bad advice in jest to replace water heater cathode rods in addition to anode rods.  ;-)  I'm a joker and wish I were funnier so I could be a comedian.

wmtired said:
Yes, dirty beige carpet is the best color to drop a microwave on.  Love the fact that folks can banter silly stuff on the forums without moderators getting all uptight.  Got banned from another forum for starting a thread about changing winter air in tires with summer air each season and giving bad advice in jest to replace water heater cathode rods in addition to anode rods.  ;-)  I'm a joker and wish I were funnier so I could be a comedian.

The forum staff here for the most part have a good sense of humor ;D
Just remember to keep it clean and non-offensive.

changing winter air in tires with summer air each season
That's pretty funny...But someone's bound to argue that It's not necessary unless your traveling in higher altitudes :eek:

wmtired said:

Good thing you didn't suggest hooking the cathode rods to the plasma manifold in the core reactor.

I did that once in my atwood hot water heater and it created a pretty bad warp in the time-space continuum.  Needed a new control board to get hot water after that. ;-)

Been a rough time for the past month.  Car engine blew up, 15.5 year old dog died week after Xmas, ruined bumper on new replacement car the first week I owned it, and wife's constant health issues are a real bummer.  The poor girl has suffered enough with her Lupus, her kidney failure and transplant, and now a bad aortic heart valve.  If given the chance, I would gladlhy assume all of her health issues so she could get a break.

Dunnos what I would do if I lose her.  I guess I have to remain strong for our two remaing boxers.

In the early days of High End Graphical Home Comptuers (About the time WINDOWS 1.0 was in Beta) there came a computer called the Super Turkey by many... THe Atari ST.

IT had a fairly high failure rate.. and the reason was socketed chips. Since they shipped it BEFORE the design was finalized they used a lot of sockets so they could quickly "update" and they used el-cheapo sockets not the more expensive lever lock like IBM used.. So youd pick the compute up and drop it oh say one foot onto the desktop.  This would reset all the chips and it worked.

The man who developed that procedure was in the same radio club as I.

wmtired said:
With microwave out of its space, I dropped it about 2 inches on the carpet, plugged it in and VIOLA, worked as designed!

Its been a month and my microwave still works perfectly. 

Aha! The old boot massage - one of the most effective tools in the box. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom