Where can I get this shower washcloth rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HairyWBush

https://imgur.com/64abn7k
This is a neo angle shower surround with some screwed together piece of junk done by the uneducated that I need to renew. Look at the size of those screws. That says not just a little dumb, but REALLY dumb.
Anyways, I can't find it.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news..But I'm Thinking you may have to replace the entire shower.

Depending on the age of the RV you may be able to get parts from the manufacture.

More information in the RV may get you more information
Make / Model / Year

I could be wrong, but when I look at the picture, I don't think that is for wash cloths. I am guessing it is a "grab bar"
Also I am guessing that you remove it to get at the shower connection.

Jack L

Gizmo100 said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news..But I'm Thinking you may have to replace the entire shower.

Depending on the age of the RV you may be able to get parts from the manufacture.

More information in the RV may get you more information
Make / Model / Year
crap I can't. It's a 2005 KZ Sportsmen. I already spoke to the manufacturer about the shower when I wanted to replace the whole thing. They list nothing it's too old. Not only that, they are nearly impossible to get ahold of for some reason. Worst customer service ever.
and yea like the guy said it's a cover for the fittings. So, I don't even care if it's blank. I just want  a new piece.

At this point if a complete change out is a option. I would suggest a aftermarket shower. I did a quick search and found this..

https://www.rvpartscountry.com/RvShowersSurrounds

I've never done business with them... But maybe it will open up some options for you.

Have a look in some of the RV spares they might have one similar and bigger that you could cut down to size.....

That part was undoubtedly molded especially for that enclosure, so almost zero chance of finding a replacement for it.

I would probably remove it and cut a new plastic or metal sheet to cover it it neatly. If you need a bar for a wash cloth, mount one to the shower wall.

You can get pieces of blank plastic, fiberglass, stainless or aluminum in smaller pre-cut sizes. Here's an example:

https://www.interstateplastics.com/Pvc-Expanded-White-Sheet-PVCWX%7E%7ESH.php?thickness=0.118&dim2=12&dim3=12
Corian would work too, and most any kitchen & bath company would probably have a small scrap piece that would do the trick.

I would have to have a special plastic heat bender to bend plastic.
see in the link gizmo provided, they sell this https://www.rvpartscountry.com/Rv-Shower-Surround-Hex-34-x-34-x-65-Tile-White.html#
this is actually the exact one I wanted. notice that rack. it has to be removable or to be adhered when new and all these showers have to have a cover, otherwise how else would you get to the connection?

HairyWBush said:
I would have to have a special plastic heat bender to bend plastic.
see in the link gizmo provided, they sell this https://www.rvpartscountry.com/Rv-Shower-Surround-Hex-34-x-34-x-65-Tile-White.html#
this is actually the exact one I wanted. notice that rack. it has to be removable or to be adhered when new and all these showers have to have a cover, otherwise how else would you get to the connection?

Can't tell from the picture...But it does not need to be removable. The faucet can be installed then the shower wall is glued /screwed to the walls. The manufacturer does not care about needing to change the faucet 10 years later.

Making a new cover is not a bad idea. As far as bending it, there are a couple of tricks for that. You could use a heat gun or a torch. But that will take some trail and error. Heat the back and give it the needed curve.
OR
I would make a template from wood with the needed curve, cover the wood with aluminum foil then place the piece of plastic on top. Place the whole thing in a oven. Temperature will depend on the material used. I would guess starting at 300 degrees. When the plastic gets soft it should take the shape of the mold. Allow to cool  and test for fit

Gizmo100 said:
I would make a template from wood with the needed curve, cover the wood with aluminum foil then place the piece of plastic on top. Place the whole thing in a oven. Temperature will depend on the material used. I would guess starting at 300 degrees. When the plastic gets soft it should take the shape of the mold. Allow to cool  and test for fit
  Oh and the smell  ;D ;D ;D

You could also take the old one off, go to wallyworld, buy a cheap fiberglass kit in auto section, and fabricate the same way. 

Anyway you look at it, it's going to be custom made  ;)

well thanks for the ideas guys. I guess I'll contemplate on what to do. what gets me is this one here also has finished beveled edges just like it was done during production.

I looked at the picture again, and I think that panel may, indeed, be a factory piece.  However, I'd say it's been removed and replaced by someone with 3 thumbs on each hand, and along the way he's "upgraded" the screws.
If you can remove  it in one piece, clean all the old caulk off of it and re-install it, it might look  better.
You can get colored screws at Home Depot or Lowes. You can use toothpicks or small slivers of wood to fill the holes in the framework so that you can use smaller screws.  And lastly, you can do a better job of caulking and at least clean the excess up so the whole thing looks better.
Probably less mess and hassle than trying to melt a sheet of plastic in the wife's oven.

Old_Crow said:
I looked at the picture again, and I think that panel may, indeed, be a factory piece.  However, I'd say it's been removed and replaced by someone with 3 thumbs on each hand, and along the way he's "upgraded" the screws.
If you can remove  it in one piece, clean all the old caulk off of it and re-install it, it might look  better.
You can get colored screws at Home Depot or Lowes. You can use toothpicks or small slivers of wood to fill the holes in the framework so that you can use smaller screws.  And lastly, you can do a better job of caulking and at least clean the excess up so the whole thing looks better.
Probably less mess and hassle than trying to melt a sheet of plastic in the wife's oven.

I use plastic mollys (like you use in drywall to put screws in). You can get them in different sizes

I've used the molys in places that have no framework behind the paneling.  I think in this case there's probably some sort of framework where that panel screws on.  The toothpicks would bring the holes in that framework down to a smaller size.

The other possibility would be to find some oversized screws with smaller heads.  Say a #10 screw with a #8 head.  That way you could deal with the oversized holes and not have the large screw heads showing.

Have you checked into getting it 3d printed?

Might be able to have it scanned and then 3d Printed for a semi-reasonable cost with the costs of the printers coming down thee days. Some folks have bought them and advertize to do custom work like cell phone covers, etc. Might try Craigs List or Facebook marketplace. Just a thought. Might be an easier solution and better custom fit if you can get the old one cleaned up good enough to give them a good scan.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriRv
Back
Top Bottom