Using RV fixtures in my Home?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello; Hoping for some help over here. I'm needing to create a shower using a hand held hose showerhead thing and connect it to my lavatory. I want to replace my faucet with one that has a built in diverter, like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dura-Faucet-For-RV-Motor-Homes-With-Shower-Hose-Diverter-Bathroom-Faucet-Kit/323515797997?epid=1611841065&hash=item4b530b51ed:g:BEUAAOSwNptb0LfR:rk:1:pf:1

Can this stand up to my city water pressure? Will it have the flow i'm used to? Thanks guys

Welcome to the Forum!

Somehow, this question sounds backwards.  Usually it is can I use this house fixture in my RV!  ;D

Since an RV can be connected directly to "house water"  with a hose, the systems must be able to handle those pressures.  So yes, it will work.  With that said, those faucets are not of the highest quality.  They are cheap, which is why RV manufacturers buy them by the truck load.

grashley said:
Welcome to the Forum!

Somehow, this question sounds backwards.  Usually it is can I use this house fixture in my RV!  ;D

Since an RV can be connected directly to "house water"  with a hose, the systems must be able to handle those pressures.  So yes, it will work.  With that said, those faucets are not of the highest quality.  They are cheap, which is why RV manufacturers buy them by the truck load.
Everything he said X's 2

However here's another thought....How about adding a Diverter  to your existing facet. then you can add a better quality sprayer.

https://www.amazon.com/Diverter-Splitter-Bathroom-Replacement-Polished/dp/B0111KLHKE/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1547006890&sr=8-10&keywords=bathroom+faucet+with+sprayer

"Somehow, this question sounds backwards.  Usually it is can I use this house fixture in my RV!"
Ha; that's me, kinda backward:)

" yes, it will work.  With that said, those faucets are not of the highest quality."
Yes, i see but they don't seem to make em in metal. If i do try it, i see the hole thru the diverter seems small. How is the flow rate on these? One man said to just drill it out :)

"How about adding a Diverter  to your existing facet."
Thanks; that was my first idea before i saw the all in one deal. It's just so tight and tidy the way it connects. Thing is, my existing spout has no threads to connect a stand alone diverter and i'd have to buy a new faucet anyway. The thing won't see much use cause it's just me over here but i am hoping for decent flow. If that's not happening then i will likely go ahead and get a traditional fixture and add the diverter.....but with that, the hose would be all in my face. still doable though.

Many RVs use standard residential shower faucets, metal or high grade plastics. Not sure why you want to use that particular type of faucet/diverter, since its not great for either RV or home, but that's your call. Yes, it will handle city pressure - the plumbing standards are the same.
If you need to start from the sink water supply, why not just add a Tee before the faucet and use a standard shower faucet in the shower stall?

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Many RVs use standard residential shower faucets, metal or high grade plastics. Not sure why you want to use that particular type of faucet/diverter, since its not great for either RV or home, but that's your call. Yes, it will handle city pressure - the plumbing standards are the same.
If you need to start from the sink water supply, why not just add a Tee before the faucet and use a standard shower faucet in the shower stall?

Hey Gary; thanks. This would give me a shower until i can afford to straighten out the crappy plumbing in my old house. The water works well at the lavatory. I just think the RV faucet/diverter is clean, neat and tidy and would square away better; however, y'all have me worried that the thing won't hold up well and i'm even more concerned that it will restrict the water flow. May have to buy a new standard faucet, a diverter adapter, then try and run the hose so it's not in the way of anything. Too bad you can't get quality RV stuff :/

So I guessing here...You have a shower but the water pressure is poor...If correct
Try changing your shower head. It may be clogged with mineral deposits. You may be able to clean the old shower head with vinegar.
If you have good pressure at the sink then the shower should have it as well. 

Too bad you can't get quality RV stuff
Well, the better quality RVs don't use that type of component at all. As I said previously,  they use standard residential fixtures. My last coach had Moen faucets everywhere, and a Moen single-lever shower valve. The one before that was Delta components.
You can get bathroom faucet fixtures that include an auxiliary sprayer - I have one in the master bath of our home. They are intended for  hair washing, but you could put a longer hose on it if needed.  Here's an example, though maybe more elegant than you want:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Lahara-2-Handle-Deck-Mount-Roman-Tub-Faucet-with-Hand-Shower-Trim-Kit-Only-in-Chrome-Valve-Not-Included-T4738/202831855

Yep; that's gonna be a bit pricey for me but would be a perfect solution. I'm gonna go ahead and replace my faucet, remove the aerator, attach a diverter adapter and then work on hiding that hose best i can :) thanks for all the help; you guys are great.

If I am reading this right, the sink water has good pressure.  The shower does not.
If Gizmo's idea does not work, this faucet should work fine for a couple years until you get the shower plumbing straight.  Just do not expect too much from it.

Have you tried removing your existing shower head to see home much pressure you have without it? If the pressure is good, then you just need to either clean or replace your shower head. If you still want a hand held shower head, this is the diverter adapter we have in our NY cottage that provides both options:

https://www.amazon.com/Delta-Shower-Diverter-Hand-Chrome/dp/B0064TXLHA/

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom