Converting shower to bathtub?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just recently upgraded us to a 2019 Catalina Destination 39fkts. Our old RV had a tub and my 2 littles (4 & 6) miss bath time. I do too as it helped them relax more before bed. Ha!

So, has anyone ever converted a shower to tub? We live in this full time and trying to make this as homey as possible for the 3 of us. I have googled but only found info on how to convert tub to a shower.

Welcome to the forum Fulltimervmomof2boy

I can't help with your question.

A lot of it will depend on the size of you shower.
Another issue will be will you be able to get a tub into the existing bathroom.

But I wish you luck in your search

Thank you for your response. We should be able to get it into the bathroom without issue. The way our bathroom door is, it opens right out to the side door. We also have a large sliding glass patio door on the side that would help get it inside too if needed.

Make sure the framing under your shower will support the weight of a tub. Water weighs 8 pounds per gallon, and even small tubs can hold a lot of gallons. I would also note as a mom of 3 boys that it won?t be long until they prefer a shower.

If door openings are big enough...Then it becomes a question of how much you want to spend?

As stated by UTTransplant you will have to make sure the frame will support the weight.
Your 2019 Catalina Destination 39fkts came with a warranty. A project of this size could jeopardize it.
This will be an expensive job...Will you really get your money's worth.
Also stated by UTTransplant...Kids out grow baths pretty quick.
I'm not sure how well the water heater will handle filling a tub.

I would say hold off until spring and stick them in a small pool ;D

If you have a reasonable size shower, I'd just look to buy a tub that will set in the shower either with or without a drain (drain plug could probably be just one to the "patch" type shower/sink stoppers). Cheaper, doesn't reduce resale value, and you still have a shower.

If your shower isn't large enough for the above, you almost certainly don't have room for a tub anyway.

Ernie

Back
Top Bottom