Replacing stove/Oven with cooktop and storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

I know some RV'ers will not do without their gas oven, but we do not use ours other than for bad storage.  Bought a new cooktop to install, Sat is big day,  have the unit loose, next step is remove gas line and pull out.  Hopefully enough line to reach other side of new one.  Will post a picture progress later.

New top is sealed burner and spark ignition vs. piezo, way more quiet!  Next step is to get some drawer fronts or cabinet doors for slide out shelves.

It does seem as though there s one more point of connection, but it is likely just the gas connection.  That is a Saturday find.

I am considering doing this too! Excited to hear how it turns out and any tips/lessons learned you may have once you are done. Crossing fingers that it is a fairly simple project for you and turns out just as you hope it will :)

Ken,  no 12v required, it uses a AA battery, supposed to last a long time, a year maybe? 

Today is the day, will start after breakfast. 

Another project today is finishing up the new TV mount.  It was up high, but I usually watch from chair at desk, forcing my neck into a bent position, so got from More-Ryde, a drop down mount.  Installed last weekend, but this  week finish off the cosmetics of the install.

And don't forget the pictures  :) :)

May have to check into the TV mount myself

Some pics mid install and cooktop Dione.  Came out niv=ce but had to give up the corianders stove cover, the grates about 3/8" too high, so for who that space is needed Jolene puts the sink covers over the stove for drying rack.  It is so pretty it is fun to look at anyway!

TV mount got finished up any supper, had to go find some brackets for sound bar.  Everything behind painted black and it all disappears, one more purchase, some black cloth to fill in the gap above the backer board.

pics once all is done.

We thought about doing this too. We have never used the oven and rarely the cook top. The convection/microwave does the heavy lifting. The oven is used for storage. After mulling it around for a while, we thought the resale value/opportunities would be better with the oven than without so we left it as is.

On resale, I keep rigs way too long for an item like cooking to interfere.  No the same token, many may see the oven and say, I won't use, need storage.  I am going on this thought.

Now resale of a 19 year old stove/oven combo.  I think it is destined for the dumpster.

A shame because it works fine, but not many take storage out and replace with oven. 

When I worked at LD in FL we had a room of the stove/oven takeouts, pretty much free for the asking, and those were mostly pulled from new coaches.

You guys got me thinking. I never thought about doing without an oven till seeing this thread. I been living in TT since july or august and might have used oven 3 times. That space would make some dandy storage! My son lives 100 yards away, I could use his oven whenever I decided to bake something, heck, I'll probly wind up eating down there with them anyway. Major head-scratching!

Maybe I missed it, but wondering what cooktop you chose to install.

I'm gonna skip out on the oven also, figure I don't do much baking now.

:)

I bought a Suburban 3233A.  Sealed top, with sparking ignition.  We are really liking it.

Got it through RVUpgrades, they have been a good source.  Fast delivery, competitive pricing.

Waiting to finish drawers and doors.  Besides I seem to have a tough time getting pictures in.

Next part of project is the MCD-ish double shades install.  The shades arrived yesterday.
They are made by Shade-Pro, a screened daytime and an opaque night time.

I'm looking to going the other way, my wife loves having a gas oven and is not crazy about the conv/micro unit. It would be super easy to take out the 2 drawers and drop in a complete cooktop/oven unit. I'm looking for a nice used one in the SF area to put in my Itasca. When out boondocking a gas oven is very handy unless you have tons of battery with an inverter or use the gen.

Well, my old one would have been perfect.  It was at consignment shop in Quartzsite, but didn't sell, so getting donated.  It was in perfect condition.  You can find one online, many dealers have them as takeouts because folks go for drawers.

If any of you have done this project in the Colorado area? I would love to buy your old stove/oven,  given that it fits my unit.

I am about to buy a keystone passport 238.

Dean

Hello, I am looking to replace a Sylvania SR-11092B microwave. Can anyone tell me what will work in its place? Thank you for your help.
Karen

KarenB135 said:
Hello, I am looking to replace a Sylvania SR-11092B microwave. Can anyone tell me what will work in its place? Thank you for your help.
Karen

Welcome to the RV Forum Karen

I found this link regarding your question. I'm on a very slow connection so I couldn't do much research.

https://www.etrailer.com/question-321824.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom