Ontario Travel Requirements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steelmooch

Hello all!  For our Pittsburgh to Ontario summer trip, I know that I'll need an "outdoors card" and a non-resident fishing license if I intend to shore/lake fish.  Seems pretty easy online.  What I'm not sure about is the yearly Provincial Park pass...we'll be staying at 4 different Provincial Parks...any idea if our site reservations cover that?  Still need that tag for our tow vehicle on top of the reservations?  Thanks!  :)

I felt like I need to respond being from Ontario but unfortunately we don?t fish and have never stayed in Provincial parks so I can?t offer assistance now.  I will look for the website though and get back to you.

steelmooch said:
Hello all!  For our Pittsburgh to Ontario summer trip, I know that I'll need an "outdoors card" and a non-resident fishing license if I intend to shore/lake fish.  Seems pretty easy online.  What I'm not sure about is the yearly Provincial Park pass...we'll be staying at 4 different Provincial Parks...any idea if our site reservations cover that?  Still need that tag for our tow vehicle on top of the reservations?  Thanks!  :)

Here is the website for fishing and outdoors card you need both apparently.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/fishing-licence-non-residents-canada

For the park pass I think that is for visitors that want to enter parks without camping. If you have reserved campsite I believe this should be good enough and if not they will fill you in when you check in.  Car tag I?m not sure about but I believe it is for entering and exiting campsite only but not 100% sure but they will help you when you arrive.

Enjoy our beautiful Province.

On the website it says this:

You must buy an Outdoors Card before you can buy a fishing licence. However, you can buy a one-day sport fishing licence without an Outdoors Card.

When you buy or renew your Outdoors Card, you will get a plastic card mailed to you. The Outdoors Card will have your fishing licence printed on the back.

Talk about double-talk!

Back
Top Bottom