Carolina Reaper Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

Anyone do the Carolina Reaper Chip Challenge?

For those that do not know, it is 1 chip made with the hottest pepper in the world, like 2200000 heat units, a jalapeno is about 8000.  I have watched some videos and it does look insane to do this.

No, and it's a dangerous challenge. The Carolina Reaper wasn't developed to be eaten like a japaleno.

I?ve liked HOT stuff since I was a toddler.  My older brothers thought it was funny to give me hot peppers in my highchair because I screamed when the peppers were gone.  I put Scotch Bonnet/Habanaros in jars of chili peppers to warm them up to the level I like.

Still, nope.  This is as dumb as eating a tide pod.

Seems having a stroke is possible in rare cases due to a condition called reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome (RCVS).  This is where some of the blood vessels of the brain are restricted by the effects of the pepper.

There have also been heart attacks caused by the narrowing of the coronary artery.

In 2016 a 47 year old man tore his oesophagus while straining against the effects of a hot pepper.

Just so folks know, the Carolina Reaper is old news. Even hotter, (a lot hotter) is the Dragon's Breath.

kdbgoat said:
Just so folks know, the Carolina Reaper is old news. Even hotter, (a lot hotter) is the Dragon's Breath.
Produced by a Welshman.

The guy who produced the Carolina Reaper has bred it and produced "Pepper X" which he says is twice as hot, but this in unverified currently.

Crazy!

Haven't done the pepper challenge. Also haven't stuck a nail in my eye. Guess I'll put those on my bucket list (for after I kick the bucket!)  ;)

Roy M said:
This is a stupid stunt. I like spicy but still want to taste my food, I don't need bragging rights.

THere are a lot of these "Challenges" that qualify for the "Stupid Stunt" label.  Many have died trying this or that challenge.

But as Wendy Northcutte notes... THe gene pool needs a bit of chlorination.  (She is the person behind DarwinAwards dot com)  and ... She's right.. I mean  (Political comment omitted).

Back
Top Bottom