DirecTV help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samthetramp

I'm a directv user and I'm getting some channels but get a loss of signal code on others. Customer service is zero help. I'm thinking I'm not getting all of the satellites I need to get all of my channels.

Anyone know what sat numbers I need to be shooting for? I'm getting sat 101 really well. I have a manual aim dish with 3 transponder things on the LNB.

Thanks

Do you know exactly what model dish you have?  It sounds like you are not tuned into all the satellites, so if the 101 is working then you need to adjust the skew to get the other satellites.  There are phone apps for finding the correct skew for your location.  I use satellite ar sat finder for proper settings for my location.

What dish and what receiver do you have? Is it HD or just standard definition? Do you have home service or strictly mobile? Are there trees or other obstructions south of you that might block some signals? Is this a new problem, having worked OK before or is it perhaps new to you? If you have HD, and you're receiving 101 OK, then you have a couple missing, and it may be what Paul suggests about adjusting skew, but answers to these other questions may help us home in on your problem if the skew adjustment doesn't solve your problem.

Receiver is a spare from my house. Believe dish to be an HD model. Receiver should be. Not a new problem. My skew should be within tolerance. Need to know the st #s I think to aim it better. Using a fantastic tripod that really makes setup easy. The signal finder is junk though.

99-101-103  you peak on 101 and then the other two are covered by TILT or SKEW or whatever Dirrec calls it.  Your receiver SHOULD (not all do) give you settings.

Now you say "loss of signal on some channels"  Are these what are called "Local" channel. like the ABC/CBS/NBC/Faux..er Fox channels... If so you may just be too far from home.

The "Broadcast" networks are "Spot Beamed" (Think of a stage with a map of the US painted on the floor. The "Star" of the show is standing in your front yard singing his solo.. Of course Spot Lights are on him.. You drive out of the spot light and you are in the dark

A spot light is not like a spot beam.  A spotlight *IS* a Spot beam.

Beyond that I can't help you .

What dish are you using, when configuring the receiver you need to have the correct type of dish..there are a few if them and it sounds like you have the dish misconfigured and only receiving on 1 satellite...
Since you got the receiver from home did you do the setup to reconfigure the dish? They are not the same.

I thought the tilt was 1 degree off so I didn't bother but I'll double check it. Could be I'm off enough to still get 101 but not the others.

Yes receiver has been reconfigured

Does your receiver software menu not have an Install section that shows you the various signal levels of the LNBs (the things at the end of the dish arm)??
I think the Skew values can change depending on the location of the dish installation. Another pointer site: https://www.dishpointer.com/

There are too many variables and you do not provide enough information to answer your questions. What is your receiver? What is the dish at home and on the RV? What channels are you NOT receiving? What are the LNB's on each dish? What is this "fantastic tripod"? Do you have clear open skies for set up? Without any one of these answers, we probably can't help you. And these are just for starters. Chuck

Back
Top Bottom