2004 Adventurer 33V Swivel Chair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnRVAndADog

Has anybody removed that crazy chair? Is it bolted straight through the floor? I want to replace this ridiculous chair with a smallish cabinet upon which I'll place my TV...

My '02 and '06 had just a clamp on the bottom ring, you should be able to pick it up and carry it out the door.

I did that on my class c Winnie.  The bolts went thru the floor to the outside compartment below.  Purchased a upper kitchen cabinet at Lowes and made a top for it, no window in wall so wall mounted tv. 

Attachments

• IMG_1129.JPG
    IMG_1129.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 39
nvrver said:
I did that on my class c Winnie.  The bolts went thru the floor to the outside compartment below.  Purchased a upper kitchen cabinet at Lowes and made a top for it, no window in wall so wall mounted tv.

I'm not gonna be so lucky.  I've got a window, and a cabinet above the window, both behind that crazy chair. (To one side is the co-pilot chair, other side is the stairwell.) The only articulating mount that would work for me is the type that attaches/clamps to a flat - desk - surface. I found hundreds for small and medium monitors but none for a 40" TV.)

This project is on hold for a few days since it's freakin' cold out there today! We Floridians can't function in cold weather. Translation: If the first digit is a "6" or less it's freakin' cold!

AnRVAndADog said:
This project is on hold for a few days since it's freakin' cold out there today! We Floridians can't function in cold weather. Translation: If the first digit is a "6" or less it's freakin' cold!

THANK YOU...Some of them Yankees just don't understand...Water freezes at 32...But I freeze at 59

jbbrick said:
My '02 and '06 had just a clamp on the bottom ring, you should be able to pick it up and carry it out the door.

I see the bottom ring. There's a knob there. If it warms up I'll go twist that knob...

I removed this chair, from my 04 33V, Brave, which my kids labeled the chair of death. It was only held in place by a clamp that was formed to cover the round floor base. Unfortunately it would not go out the door in one piece. Had to dismantle the thing with a sawsall and took great pleasure.
I replaced it with a Euro style recliner, with a similar round base and reused the clamp when we where traveling.

depchief said:
I removed this chair, from my 04 33V, Brave, which my kids labeled the chair of death. It was only held in place by a clamp that was formed to cover the round floor base. Unfortunately it would not go out the door in one piece. Had to dismantle the thing with a sawsall and took great pleasure.
I replaced it with a Euro style recliner, with a similar round base and reused the clamp when we where traveling.

Still too cold to revisit this project...  SawsAll!?  Holy cow! I'm hoping I can remove the bottom ring, then fully recline the chair then get it out the door...

We had the optional 'Euro recliner' (with the clamp for the base) - fully reclined two people can take it out the door. It's a heavy rascal and difficult to handle.

AnRVAndADog said:
Still too cold to revisit this project...  SawsAll!?  Holy cow! I'm hoping I can remove the bottom ring, then fully recline the chair then get it out the door...

Mine comes out the door just fine. Should be the same chair as yours.

John Canfield said:
We had the optional 'Euro recliner' (with the clamp for the base) - fully reclined two people can take it out the door. It's a heavy rascal and difficult to handle.

This is probably another Winnebago-designed-and-made masterpieces. Winnebago is just amazing... I'm not being critical either, I'm super-impressed with the corporate mindset that says "We're not a furniture manufacturer but we're sooo cool we'll just make our own furniture anyway..." Gotta love that.

AnRVAndADog said:
This is probably another Winnebago-designed-and-made masterpieces. Winnebago is just amazing... I'm not being critical either, I'm super-impressed with the corporate mindset that says "We're not a furniture manufacturer but we're sooo cool we'll just make our own furniture anyway..." Gotta love that.
Actually Winnebago buys some furniture in a completed state and buys frames for couches, captain's chairs, etc. They just upholster them. Our Euro recliner was made by Flexsteel.

I never saw the original chair, the previous owner didn't like it and replaced with a similar ringed bottom swivel rocker.  I have been looking for a similar chair, but taller, in the meantime I am using a couple chair pads.  I use the flip up desk for a desk top, and it is just a little higher than I like for typing. 

Maybe I'll just get a different coach.

PancakeBill said:
I never saw the original chair, the previous owner didn't like it and replaced with a similar ringed bottom swivel rocker.  I have been looking for a similar chair, but taller, in the meantime I am using a couple chair pads.  I use the flip up desk for a desk top, and it is just a little higher than I like for typing. 
Maybe I'll just get a different coach.

I love that flip-up desk! What a brilliant, genius design! What I'd really like is the same exact thing, much smaller, on the slideout opposite the swivel chair so the person sitting there has a reliable cup holder...

My only issue with that desk is the surface area, solved by buying a toolbox top at Lowes for under $20.  Cut two slots to align with the vertical part of desk, it slides over the existing top and becomes flush, giving a much better size. 

PancakeBill said:
My only issue with that desk is the surface area, solved by buying a toolbox top at Lowes for under $20.  Cut two slots to align with the vertical part of desk, it slides over the existing top and becomes flush, giving a much better size.

Yeah, it's an odd size...  Too big to be an out of the way cup holder (if you craved out the hole), too small as a functional desktop...  But that design... Love it!

AnRVAndADog said:
Has anybody removed that crazy chair? Is it bolted straight through the floor? I want to replace this ridiculous chair with a smallish cabinet upon which I'll place my TV...

I finally read the Owner's Manual. Getting this chair off the floor is easy. Getting it out the door? Not so easy. It's freaking heavy! But I got it out the door, nothing got damaged, and parked it in the garage. The cabinet is from https://www.wayfair.com/. (Side note: This cabinet is solid wood, nice finish, solid brass hardware. Assembly required. Uh-oh, we know what that means... Not so this time. The entire assembly consisted of screwing the 4 feet on, which I didn't even do because I want the cabinet to get a bite on the carpet. I think I paid about $200 for the cabinet. It wasn't my first choice but I'm getting to like it.)

The TV stand is a fit-every-TV-ever-made style. It fits this TV perfect. I weighs more than the TV. Rubber feet on the bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_4870b.jpg
    IMG_4870b.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom